Texas Hunting Forum

Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail?

Posted By: coachmas

Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 02:01 AM

I normally buy mine at the post office but this year I went into Walmart to get my tags (lifetime license) and I got the stamp there. Supposed to be mailed within 45 days, I got my license the last week of August and haven't seen my stamp in the mail yet. Any idea what I need to do before waterfowl season opens? Thanks Coach
Posted By: bull279

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 02:02 AM

Got mine in about a week. Bought at Walmart
Posted By: pervis

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 02:46 AM

Happened to my dad last yr, I think he had to call the state to get them to reissue one to him
Posted By: 68A

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 01:37 PM

It comes in a white unmarked envelope that could easily be mistaken for junk mail. My wife threw mine away few years back, had to call to have another sent.
Posted By: Limit Extender

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 02:02 PM

Go to the post office and pick it up there. What is this, amateur hour?
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 03:14 PM

Got mine at academy when I bought my license.. took about 2 weeks

Originally Posted By: Limit Extender

Zero post offices in my area had them when I was looking. Happens every year so I just buy mine early that way I'll have time to wait
Posted By: JRR

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 03:30 PM

didn't receive mine 2 yrs ago, bought another at bass pro or cabelas, can't remember which.
Posted By: Txcatman1

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 03:33 PM

Mine came this year already but two years ago it never came, and last year I got an empty envelope lol no stamp. It's says on your license that you bought a migratory game bird stamp so a game warden should be cool if it hasn't come in yet and you get checked, kinda like proof of insurance deal. Cop already knowsif you have insurance or not by runnin your plates but you gotta have proof but I wouldn't sweat it
Posted By: TTUhunter4

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 04:04 PM

I have had two years where the stamp did not show up. Called TP&W and both times they sent me a replacement.
Posted By: ilik2hunt

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 04:24 PM

Don't know what post office you went to but the one in Deer Park or Pasadena Tx don't have a clue what a duck stamp is, I had to show them from last years license ,told me they don't handle those stamps.

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: ilik2hunt

Don't know what post office you went to but the one in Deer Park or Pasadena Tx don't have a clue what a duck stamp is, I had to show them from last years license ,told me they don't handle those stamps.

I went to the one in down town Fort Worth. Dealt with a lady who was about 75 and she knew exactly what I was looking for.

People in the city are educated about stuff.
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 05:51 PM

Been to the post office since they started this send in the mail crap as I knew it wouldn't ever show it. Been a non-issue since I've went this route!

Agree with the amateur hour!
Posted By: garrett

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 06:13 PM

This same thread pops up every year since they started the mail out system. If the stamp is lost in the mail it takes one phone call to get another sent out, and on top of that the proof of purchase is on your hunting license.

I looked real quick and could not find anything, but I would like to see what percentage of stamps have to be reissued. If I had to guess that number is pretty low, maybe even a single digit number. Anyone that is so worried about not getting a duck stamp in the mail that they go to a post office is either has way to much time on their hands or they worry to much about the little things.

the difference between armatures and professionals is that professionals know how to ride the wave and deal with the small things that pop up from time to time and amateurs waste time sweating the small stuff.
Posted By: 68A

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 06:24 PM

Guy just wanted to know how he could get his stamp, and it's turned into calling him an amateur. Guess this thread has some pro staffers. Couple of clowns.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 07:14 PM

Every year, the same post, just go to the local post office and your done, why pay an extra $2-3 to wait for them to send it to you then worry about when you do not get it.
I guess people see things a little different but I drive by the post office every other day, been buying mine there for 25 years. Just too easy that way but I hear this same story from guys every year.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 07:16 PM

Call 800-852-4897 and leave them a message like most federal related offices they are almost unreachable but they usually will resend your stamp if you leave your address, name, phone number and mention TPWD has the correct address on file. I believe this third party company is to blame for the missing duck stamps three years in a row now for me. They try to blame me for incorrect address but its not. They may or may not call you back which is annoying.

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 07:27 PM

Originally Posted By: mohunter
Every year, the same post, just go to the local post office and your done, why pay an extra $2-3 to wait for them to send it to you then worry about when you do not get it.
I guess people see things a little different but I drive by the post office every other day, been buying mine there for 25 years. Just too easy that way but I hear this same story from guys every year.

I'd pay $2 just to not have to go to the post office and deal with them. mail it to me and be done...

but I dont live in town and drive past a post office every day like some I suppose, I might see a post office twice a month and I would be willing to bet that little country post office does not have them.

heck, I bet some enjoy waiting in line at the post office just so they can ask for just a duck stamp and let everyone know they are an "outdoors man", then walk out the door with their head held high so they can crawl into their F150 king ranch 4x4 that's never left pavement.

#countrylifebrah

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: MoBettaHuntR
Call 800-852-4897 and leave them a message like most federal related offices they are almost unreachable but they usually will resend your stamp if you leave your address, name, phone number and mention TPWD has the correct address on file. I believe this third party company is to blame for the missing duck stamps three years in a row now for me. They try to blame me for incorrect address but its not. They may or may not call you back which is annoying.

And your going to try for a fourth time next year, post office sure would save you a lot of time and aggravation.
Posted By: TTUhunter4

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: 68A
Guy just wanted to know how he could get his stamp, and it's turned into calling him an amateur. Guess this thread has some pro staffers. Couple of clowns.

Garrett never fails to get somebody to respond...

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: garrett

I'd pay $2 just to not have to go to the post office and deal with them. mail it to me and be done...

but I dont live in town and drive past a post office every day like some I suppose, I might see a post office twice a month and I would be willing to bet that little country post office does not have them.
heck, I bet some enjoy waiting in line at the post office just so they can ask for just a duck stamp and let everyone know they are an "outdoors man", then walk out the door with their head held high so they can crawl into their F150 king ranch 4x4 that's never left pavement.

#countrylifebrah

Garret, why you do you have to bring Judd up in this conversation?

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: TTUhunter4
Originally Posted By: 68A

Garrett never fails to get somebody to respond...

I'm on the side of the man that orders his stamp in the mail confused2

I thought I was the good guy this time

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 07:48 PM

Paying $2 extra to have your duck stamp delivered to your house is like having a breaking chessie............eventually your duck/stamp will get delivered. roflmao

As long as your buddy has a lab and you call the 1-800 number several times. up

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: BarneyWho
Paying $2 extra to have your duck stamp delivered to your house is like having a breaking chessie............eventually your duck/stamp will get delivered. roflmao

As long as your buddy has a lab and you call the 1-800 number several times. up

I feel like you really stretch for that one, your better than that, put that private school education to work

plus common sense would tell you that a dog with a head start would get to the duck and back quicker confused2

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 07:57 PM

yeah, dogs that break are so much better than dogs that don't. I now understand why your ordered your stamp. rofl

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 08:05 PM

yep that's exactly what I said roflmao

more of that engineer personality coming through i guess

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 08:07 PM

Can we get back to name calling?
Posted By: FRX

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/26/15 09:35 PM

Just got mine on the mail today. 12 working days
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/27/15 12:38 AM

This place in Grand Prairie does all of the Federal Duck Stamp distribution for Texas.

http://www.amplex.com/stamps.html

I didn't get mine in 2013, took one phone call and they had it to me in a couple of days. They actually answer the phone.

Charlie
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/27/15 02:38 AM

Thanks for the help. Can't get on forum at work but had no idea it would get this many responses. Thanks for the help and even a few laughs from the smartazzes. I will call tomorrow, no hurry now since I'm flooded out for a while. Coach
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/27/15 02:41 AM

Got mine online and was here within two weeks
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/28/15 02:59 PM

Lifetime License here as well. Went to Wal-Mart here in Greenville for tags and ordered my Stamp. I got it in less than a week. Go make the call.
Posted By: TyBU

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/28/15 04:38 PM

This happened to me two times in a row. Now I go and buy my Federal Duck stamp at the post office so that I don't have to sit around and wait on whether or not TPWD will mail mine to me or not.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/28/15 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

And your going to try for a fourth time next year, post office sure would save you a lot of time and aggravation.

Not that aggravating really. I don't sweat the small stuff. Never had a problem getting it mailed before and yes I have been to post office to buy one before. I don't know why this is even an argument. To each there own do it how you like and I will do it how I like. I was simply posting useful information to the original post. Which was what to do if it was supposed to be mailed. Not wether or not to go to the post office or have it mailed.
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/28/15 06:11 PM

What the heck is a duck stamp? confused2
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/28/15 08:15 PM

online you can buy the duck stamp and use the receipt as your temporary tag (it states it when buying and on the print out). Then its not an issue or at least you have legal documentation of it if it does that will keep you out of trouble. I used it last year and showed a warden the print out and it was all good (may or may have not changed though). I can't remember where I bought it. I got mine online from usps this year and I didn't see it mentioned which made me nervous lol. Fortunately got mine 2 days later.
Posted By: Flock Knocker

Re: Anyone have issue not receiving federal stamp in mail? - 10/29/15 07:29 PM

I've never had an issue getting my stamp in the mail, but a few years back they send me 4 of them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum