Texas Hunting Forum

Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy

Posted By: stxhunter

Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/24/15 02:16 AM

So I've noticed on this website and on another website that Academy sponsors, they have an advertisement for a Mojo 3-D Hen decoy for $29.99. I decided to check it out, so I clicked the banner and intended to purchase the decoy. When I clicked the ad the Academy website actually shows $69.99. I called customer service and they said there's nothing they car really do about it. I'm curious as to why this ad is being run and the price isn't being honored. Has anyone else seen this ad?

Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/24/15 02:35 AM

Might print out a screen shot of the ad, take it to your local Academy and see if they will honor it.
Posted By: stxhunter

Re: Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/24/15 02:41 AM

I've got several screen shots from multiple websites. When I called customer service they acted like I was crazy. They logged on to the websites and said they didn't see the banner, I explained it was a rotating banner. Customer service claimed there was no way to receive emails so the screen shots did no good for them. I may try taking it in, but I doubt they'll honor it.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/24/15 02:58 AM

Send email here thf@outdoorsites.net.

THF Resolutions Department will fix it, probably an old add needs to be taken down.
Posted By: Featherduster

Re: Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/26/15 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: TOMCAT21
Might print out a screen shot of the ad, take it to your local Academy and see if they will honor it.
Posted By: Limit Extender

Re: Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/26/15 08:34 PM

Probably a typo by a graphics person. There is probably something in the fine print for just such mistakes.

Just because they ran an add and it got messed up doesn't mean they owe you anything.
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/26/15 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Limit Extender
Probably a typo by a graphics person. There is probably something in the fine print for just such mistakes.

Just because they ran an add and it got messed up doesn't mean they owe you anything.

Sure it does, that's called false advertising. Academy is a big enough company that the can afford to proof read advertisements before they are released.

Re: Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/26/15 09:14 PM

Unless it's a mistake on thf for not removing an old add like guy said, but If it's academys mistake they need to honor it
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/26/15 09:16 PM

People make mistakes.. no reason to get bent outa shape about it.. I watched a guy throw a hissy fit about a gun being misprinted that was on a shelf at gander once.. it was listed for $3.89 instead of $389... was pretty sad watching him wine about not getting the gun for $3.89 when he good and well knows its not the right price...
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/26/15 09:22 PM

^^^

Re: Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/26/15 09:26 PM

Of course a gun for 3.89 is obviously mismarked, but I've seen mojos on sale and clearance for around that price.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/26/15 09:50 PM

but if its not on sale its not on sale... mistakes happen.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Academy won't honor their ad?? Mojo 3-D Hen Decoy - 10/26/15 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Erichugh22
Of course a gun for 3.89 is obviously mismarked, but I've seen mojos on sale and clearance for around that price.

True... but duck season is upon us not behind us... really though that $70 is still a good deal
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum