Posted By: Erichugh22

I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 01:47 PM

http://www.dallastire.net/tire-brands/duck-commander.aspx
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 02:00 PM

Cooper barf
Posted By: wal1809

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 02:09 PM

I don't blame them. Ride that cash pony to the ground!
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: wal1809

This
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: ducknbass

This

BINGO!
Posted By: Navasot

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler

This

BINGO!

Right! you know they gona be on every jacked up 4x4 at the boat dock too
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 02:40 PM

This

I quit watching the show pretty much after the first season. I was surprised the other day when I saw they were still on the air. Other than a camo shirt I got as a gift I don't own a duck commander product. With that said, I really like the guys! I don't blame them one bit and why would anyone else care? I don't get the disdain. More power to em!
Posted By: Navasot

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 02:43 PM

I got the old duckmen of La movies.... those were sawweeeeeeet
Posted By: wal1809

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 02:50 PM

I can't blame them for doing what we all been trying to do our whole lives. They just got lucky and made more cash than the grandchildren of their grandchildren can spend. I don't hate them, I commend them.
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 02:55 PM

Yep I'd love to be in their shoes, their products just kinda suck
Posted By: Cast

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 03:11 PM

They're just fine in my book. No compromising, no apologies. I wish them well. Got none of their stuff though.
Posted By: Featherduster

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 03:27 PM

Props to them.

Better than Kim Kardashian tires.
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/09/15 06:44 PM

Kim tires would be beach tires for sure!

I'm all for the commanders putting a logo on cheap Walmart crap, I'd do it too if I could. People buy that stuff.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/10/15 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Cast
They're just fine in my book. No compromising, no apologies. I wish them well. Got none of their stuff though.

Yup
Posted By: Guy

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/10/15 01:09 AM

Anyone that buys those tires, simply because thay say duck commander, that is just stupid. Now if you buy a duck commander duck call, that's makes sense, he is good at that.
Posted By: fgdn

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/10/15 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Cast

exactly, I have none of the products they are putting their name on either

but end of the day, they are doing something right.

so ya, cheers to those folks

cheers
Posted By: john paul

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/10/15 10:34 AM

If they are cheap and look like a decent tire I'd put them on my truck, I don't care what they say on them.
Posted By: jlp04c

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/10/15 01:59 PM

In an age where everything has a brand name on it, I'll support a brand I at least align my morals with...
Guys have been unwavering, they haven't compromised their faith even when it could have cost them everything.. Why not support something like that? Would you rather support brands that are chameleons, and just change with the wind/public opinion?
I
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/12/15 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: jlp04c
In an age where everything has a brand name on it, I'll support a brand I at least align my morals with...
Guys have been unwavering, they haven't compromised their faith even when it could have cost them everything.. Why not support something like that? Would you rather support brands that are chameleons, and just change with the wind/public opinion?
I

Faith based tires will set you free. Better get you some.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/14/15 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
I got the old duckmen of La movies.... those were sawweeeeeeet

x2 I cant find all of them.

I do swear since that showed aired there are twice as many jacked up trucks with mud tires.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/14/15 03:37 PM

This is funny, a good family that has made a ton of money doing something they love to do, wish I could have pulled it off.

The Robertson family has been blamed for everything the last few years from too many new duckhunters, product placement, oversaturation of marketing, clothing, guns, bad duck calls, beards, mudboats, and now trucks with lifts and mud tires.

This is nuts to blame these guys for all this crap, I do not own a single Duck Commander product but do have some of Phil's old Duckmen videos, but I would not give blame to these guys for trucks with lifts and mudtires.

There is a reason to have a lift and mudtires on a truck, not just for show.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/14/15 04:47 PM

Originally Posted By: mohunter
This is funny, a good family that has made a ton of money doing something they love to do, wish I could have pulled it off.

The Robertson family has been blamed for everything the last few years from too many new duckhunters, product placement, oversaturation of marketing, clothing, guns, bad duck calls, beards, mudboats, and now trucks with lifts and mud tires.

This is nuts to blame these guys for all this crap, I do not own a single Duck Commander product but do have some of Phil's old Duckmen videos, but I would not give blame to these guys for trucks with lifts and mudtires.

There is a reason to have a lift and mudtires on a truck, not just for show.

I wasn't blaming them in general just messing around. For guys who use their vehicles fro extreme rock crawling and expedition adventures it does have a purpose. Mostly though today it is trucks who never leave payment, never tow, work in an office, and say "I need this" to fill in the blank or just because they want it. Its all fine by me I just hate sharing the road with egotistical tailgating speed up to red light to look over my arm at the little car next to me so I feel like a rockstar.
Posted By: Guy

Re: I think they're getting a little carried away - 10/14/15 05:05 PM

I don't blame duck commander for anything either, he is the smart one, laughing all the way to the bank.

Those buying his resold products, where he is simply slapping his name on it, and marking it up, they are the dumb ones. I do this on Tom Thumb brands, but here they negotiate a good discount, and pass savings on to the consumer. Not the same for duck commander resold products, he is marking it up and sticking it in the bank. If you want to give your money to him, and pay a premium, just because he has such great morals, have at it. Not how I make purchasing decisions.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum