Texas Hunting Forum

I'd like one good dove hunt this year before.....

Posted By: bobcat1

I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/03/15 10:50 PM

It's all over. Where should I go next Saturday? North Texas particularly the Sanger area has sucked this year. I bet I don't have 10 birds in the freezer between my son and I. I just need one day somewhere.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/03/15 11:30 PM

PM sent
Posted By: Stompy

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/04/15 02:20 AM

Lots of birds here right now and I mean lots. Had one group come over the field this morning that had at least 200 birds in it. Slimpicken was here today, he'll verify the numbers.
But, with that being said, rain and another front is coming in later this week. If you want to come here next weekend it's $75 a person per day. I'll pm my cell number and you can call me later in the week and I'll tell you what the numbers look like. I'll shoot you straight.
Posted By: STXHO

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/04/15 03:47 AM

If you want to travel South your welcome to hunt with us. We have been shooting limits in the Kingsville area. I still have a couple milo fields that have not been cut and they are holding a lot of doves. $100 per person per day.

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/04/15 03:49 AM

Thanks fellas. Stompy I'll call you tomorrow.
Posted By: Slimpickin

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/04/15 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: bobcat1
Thanks fellas. Stompy I'll call you tomorrow.

Bring lots of shells!
Posted By: bermise

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/05/15 12:09 PM

I'm seeing 1,000's of birds daily in the Hondo area. A 10 year old girl on her first dove hunt would limit out or shoot a case in 1 hour. It looks like locusts swarming.
Posted By: pervis

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/05/15 05:21 PM

Bobcat hot me up my place I bought in haskell is hot. Your more than. Welcome to come w me anytime.
Posted By: bull279

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/05/15 05:32 PM

I saw a flight of doves over my house this morning when I got home from work. First that I have seen by the house.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/05/15 06:18 PM

A lot of birds around Wichita Falls too!
Posted By: No-Tox

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/06/15 03:06 PM

Same thing here bobcat1. I've taken my son out on 4 hunts and all have been subpar and he is frustrated.
Posted By: Khaiguy

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/06/15 07:01 PM

Been getting plenty of doves all season in Woodson and Breckenridge. It is smack in the middle of the Central Flyway and that's where you need to be if you live in North TX. Either go with Stompy or Brad Mullen at texasdove.net. I'm hunting Sat-Mon this coming holiday weekend with Brad.
Posted By: adam darling

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/06/15 10:46 PM

hey Stompy, they still flying in your fields? my brother and I would like to take my dad on a good dove hunt before the season is over.
let me know!

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/06/15 10:59 PM

Check 2 fields this morning, still birds.

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/06/15 11:16 PM

banana2

Re: I'd like one good dove hunt this year before..... - 10/06/15 11:27 PM

They dropped our rain chances some for Thursday and Friday, no rain in the forecast for Saturday. I sure need rain, but I'd also like for my guys to get another good hunt in. Oh well, we either get it or not, nothing I can do about it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum