Texas Hunting Forum

Good Times at Stompy's!!

Posted By: BOLT GUY

Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/16/15 09:28 PM

Thought I'd share a little bit of our hunt at Stompy's place this past weekend. Another Stellar weekend and everyone was stoked about hunting there again, for the 3rd year in a row. If any of you guy's or gals are looking for a great place, John is the MAN. Excellent accommodations and the fields were the best in the 3 years we've hunted there. John not to stroke your ego, but your a great guy and we always have a blast. We'll see you again next year!
Only have a couple of pictures to share, I'll try and get more next year.
BTW, there were more birds shot. Just having too much fun to stop and take pictures. I limited all 3 hunts.

Beautiful Sunday Morning after the front rolled in and the rain started.

Self inflicted wound....Gathering standing wood for the fire. Can't go hunting and not come back without new Scars.

Good luck to everyone and if you get the chance, go hunt with John.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/16/15 10:36 PM

Had a blast Bill. Thanks for the kind words. You have a great bunch of guys and It's a blast hanging out with y'all.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/16/15 10:59 PM

Stompy runs a first class dove hunting operation. I love hunting out there, it's clean, beautiful property. And yeah, the accommodations are so nice I would take my wife there, and that says a lot!

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/17/15 03:08 AM

We'll be back next year. Maybe we can put together a THF hunt.
I'd also like to put something together for family hunt. We'll talk soon my friend.
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/17/15 01:15 PM

He runs a top notch place. I hope the ducks are as thick as the doves in January! up

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/17/15 01:44 PM

We rode around having a cold beverage or two, checking out the ponds your going to hunt. It looks prime now, just hope the ducks show. All my ponds in Seymour are now full, first time in 5 years. Ducks used to be thick as ****, if they show this year I'll give you a shout.
Posted By: KevinT.

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/17/15 01:58 PM

John runs a top notch operation, he puts a lot of work into the doves for sure!

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/17/15 02:07 PM

Dang, all this good advertising I need to raise my price next year,, roflmao Just kidding guys,,price stays the same next year.. up
Thanks guys..

Got a good group here this weekend and there's still lots of birds around. Haven't noticed any Northern birds yet, should be a great Oct..
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/17/15 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: BOLT GUY
We rode around having a cold beverage or two, checking out the ponds your going to hunt. It looks prime now, just hope the ducks show. All my ponds in Seymour are now full, first time in 5 years. Ducks used to be thick as ****, if they show this year I'll give you a shout.

Sounds like a plan to me. I used to hunt that area a bunch back in the early 2000's. We killed lots of geese.
Posted By: My stand is pink camo

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/17/15 05:27 PM

Sounds like a great hunt and a great place up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/17/15 06:05 PM

cheers

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/18/15 02:09 PM

Hey Bill, found a couple of Mojos in the area where your brother was hunting Sunday morning. I'll put them away for you till next year.

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/21/15 07:52 PM

Thanks John....after I get back from New Mexico, I might head your way and have a beer or two with ya. Might be around Oct 10th or 17th.
Posted By: Cueman

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/22/15 02:40 AM

Where are you located?

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/22/15 02:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Cueman
Where are you located?

SW of Breckenridge about 7 miles.
Originally Posted By: BOLT GUY
Thanks John....after I get back from New Mexico, I might head your way and have a beer or two with ya. Might be around Oct 10th or 17th.

I'll be here. Holler before you come.
Posted By: Slimpickin

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/22/15 11:01 PM

Let me know when the "Northern Birds" move in. I'd like to squeeze in another hunt in October. Really enjoyed the opening weekend Limits!

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 09/23/15 12:31 AM

Hey Chris, the first couple weeks of October should be pretty decent with few hunters here. Got folks in the cabins but have plenty of room in the fields.

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 10/01/15 12:32 PM

Decided to go out and get in on the action. A friend and I hit a little tank behind my house. Almost 2 limits (27) but we ran out of shells. Good thing is, we didn't loose a single bird. Still lots of Doves. Got room for a few guys the next couple of weekends if anyone wants to get in on the action,,$75 a day.

Posted By: Guy

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 10/01/15 01:33 PM

I want to hunt that little tank sometime. May try and get out there for another hunt befor season ends.
Posted By: StephensCnty308

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 10/01/15 01:37 PM

Congrats !

Looks like a good day

How big is your tank?

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 10/01/15 02:11 PM

The one behind the house is about half acre.

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 10/08/15 01:49 PM

What a year, still busting them. Here's a pic of a Father and son that did some good shooting. And the second pic is me and a fine young man that is our county Game Warden.

Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Good Times at Stompy's!! - 10/08/15 08:16 PM

bolt elmer food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum