Texas Hunting Forum

Local THF guide reports for the teal opener?

Posted By: mohunter

Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/13/15 09:40 PM

Where are all the reports from our local guides that post on here all the time, come on guys let's here it.
Post them up Malone, JJ, the Bonham and Paris guides too, let's hear how everyone did.

We all want to see how the teal opener turned out.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/13/15 10:42 PM

I guided myself and found them and killed them as usual.
Posted By: garrett

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/13/15 11:25 PM

This seems like a troll post, or at least potential for a troll post, because everyone knows that booking a teal hunt in north Texas is a carp shoot to begin with.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/14/15 12:11 AM

True. Most reputable north Texas guides don't book anyone until 2nd or 3rd week of big duck season.

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/14/15 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: #Hayraker
I guided myself and found them and killed them as usual.

Same here, just wondering how all the "guides" did, anything wrong with that?

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/14/15 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: garrett
This seems like a troll post, or at least potential for a troll post, because everyone knows that booking a teal hunt in north Texas is a carp shoot to begin with.

No trolling here Garrett, not sure what you are even talking about.
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/14/15 12:29 AM

Reports in north tx are always spotty- not enough birds around- if u get right situation and get good shoot for a few guns - that's about it. We could have shot another limit or 2- today- bit north at good place that had birds Wednesday- we saw one and shot one.

Guides typically are mum in North tx until after split as well- they are migratory birds.
Posted By: TonyTheTiger11

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/14/15 01:22 AM

I hunt with Cody Tuesday and spoke with him today as its my first waterfowl hunt and I had a bunch of questions on gear.

He told me he's having to move lakes daily after scouting as birds are pretty spread out but he had a rough opening day only seeing 40-50 that where on a mission, his buddies where in the same creek and had 10 but where having to shoot a lot to kill the lil rockets. He had 12 today but looks like the front knocked a bunch south.

I have no expectations other than have some fun with him and get to know him as I plan on booking 4-5 other hunts during big duck season if we have enough fun tomorrow and he's as personable as he seems on the phone and by the recommendations I got. Im probably going at booking a deer hunt with to since he's kind of mr outdoor guide and has tons of huge bucks he has guided clients on.

I'll post a report after my hunt with him and let us know what I think!
Posted By: aggiegadwall

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/14/15 01:33 PM

I'll bite.

We shot 126 teal on sat and 60 on Sunday.

Sunday would of been just as good but they found a playa that no one was hunting and camped out. Overall good weekend.
Posted By: Twisted Mallard HC

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/14/15 02:11 PM

Our Teal left the house! Saw lots of birds Thursday but Saturday and Sunday was a different story. Congrats to the guys that found them!
Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/14/15 02:55 PM

I quit guiding teal hunts a loooooong time ago. Waaaay too unpredictable. I'd have days where I'd find a a motherload and go back the next morning with clients and be aggravated at their overnight disappearance. I just take em as I get em now. Took my girl, Kendall, out on the opener. The girl put on a shooting clinic. She got her 6 birds with only 9 shells. I admit it...she can out shoot me now. We got our 2 limits in about an hour. Never gets any better than a hunt with just my daughter and my pooch.

Posted By: Guy

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/14/15 06:00 PM

Sweet, nice going homey. up
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/14/15 11:22 PM

I was tarpon fishing. On public of course. It's what I do now in August and September.
Posted By: duckman10

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/15/15 01:46 AM

Seemed to be a lot of birds west! Only killed 3 teal in Bonham but we did shoot 43 big birds!
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/15/15 03:58 AM

Killed 3 man limited on Saturday- took 20 minutes.
Sunday killed another 3 man limited- took an hour. Plenty of birds in South Tx!
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/15/15 12:11 PM

Sweet- great hunting w kids. Great moments
Posted By: garrett

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/15/15 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: STXHO
Killed 3 man limited on Saturday- took 20 minutes.
Sunday killed another 3 man limited- took an hour. Plenty of birds in South Tx!

shooting teal in south texas is like catching hardheads in galveston...its just natural, good job up

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/15/15 05:54 PM

No doubt, down south is usually like clockwork, trying to find and kill them before they get there is always the tricky part.
Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/15/15 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: mohunter
No doubt, down south is usually like clockwork, trying to find and kill them before they get there is always the tricky part.

Hammer meet nail. Which is why when you strap up limits in NTX or CenTex, especially on public, then you've done something.

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/15/15 06:34 PM

I could not agree more.
Posted By: STXHO

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/15/15 07:00 PM

We hunted public land by the way. Adds to the difficulty a little but not much when you have an airboat. I guess... Good luck to everyone this coming weekend up
Posted By: woodduckhunter

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/15/15 07:02 PM

that's how it goes normally. Whacked'em good Saturday morning, found a few hundred holding in another hole that evening, went after them Sunday morning and killed every one we saw....all 4 of them. Hunted that same spot again yesterday and it was unbelievable had 4 limits in less than 5 mins. Lots of rolling the dice when it comes to early teal in this area. theyre always on the move, and there's just not enough of them in the area like there is down in rice country.

Re: Local THF guide reports for the teal opener? - 09/16/15 08:17 PM

Congrats on a good teal hunt.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum