Texas Hunting Forum

I hate theives!

Posted By: yakinthebox

I hate theives! - 09/11/15 09:14 PM

I went dove hunting last weekend on my brothers property in New Caney. There is a section of woods that separates the property from a trailer park. We hunted next to his duck hunting pond and I decided to bring a dozen BRAND NEW teal decoys and throw them out just to see if any teal would show up. Sort of scouting for teal season. Long story short, the dove hunting sucks, we saw some wood ducks buzz over the pond and one big group of BB Whistlers. No teal...

We ended up breaking for lunch and went for a swim in another pond to beat the heat. Well, we ended up forgetting to go back and get the decoys. So I called my brother and asked if he could grab them in the morning. He said sure...

He goes to the pond and they are all gone. He then tells me that there were barefoot footprints coming out of the woods straight to the pond and back into the woods. It makes me so angry. I mean, to some $90 worth of decoys is no big deal. To me, it was. Even if it's just on principle. Well, I've learned my lesson and will make sure I don't forget to pick up everything next time. I thought they would be fine in the pond for one day. I mean it's private property! I HATE FREAKIN THIEVES!!!!
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: I hate theives! - 09/11/15 09:16 PM

Boys will be boys.
Posted By: Hogman4127

Re: I hate theives! - 09/11/15 10:12 PM

thieves will be thieves
Posted By: NTXR

Re: I hate theives! - 09/13/15 12:40 PM

bigfoots will be bigfoots
Posted By: Guy

Re: I hate theives! - 09/13/15 01:14 PM

Wish you had a game camera.
Posted By: TiggerV

Re: I hate theives! - 09/13/15 10:46 PM

Yeah, they could have stole it too
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: I hate theives! - 09/13/15 11:04 PM

Should have just poured out some corn
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: I hate theives! - 09/14/15 03:23 AM

Wouldn't have cost $90.
I think I'd put a camera out on the trail on an opening and see what you get
Originally Posted By: #Hayraker
Should have just poured out some corn
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: I hate theives! - 09/14/15 01:01 PM

A no-trespassing sign, a tree-blind, and a 12-ga loaded with rock-salt.
Worked in the good-ol days . . .
Posted By: rob valle

Re: I hate theives! - 09/14/15 01:26 PM

Your first mistake was hunting next to a trailer park.
Posted By: yakinthebox

Re: I hate theives! - 09/14/15 04:14 PM

Rob Valle, I can't help that there is a trailer park next door. Also, not everyone who lives in a trailer park is a thief. I didn't mean to make such a stereotypical statement. But the fact remains that the footprints came and went from that direction. So there's at least one thief in that trailer park...

I hunt where I am able to hunt. Now putting up a camera is good advice, and if I had an idea that my stuff would get stolen, maybe I would have. But unfortunately, I don't have physic abilities. Plus, as was mentioned by someone, it would've probably been stolen too. I think the permanent solution would be to not leave my stuff. I take the blame but it still pisses me off.
Posted By: Gacman

Re: I hate theives! - 09/14/15 06:48 PM

Put out a reward sign or two at the entrance/exit to the park. If nothing else it will be a good deterrent.
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: I hate theives! - 09/14/15 06:59 PM

"barefoot footprints coming out of the woods straight to the pond and back into the woods"

Got to be a sqwatch.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum