Texas Hunting Forum

Left the gun at the house.

Posted By: brazosboyt

Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 02:07 AM

And just decided to watch my boys burn some powder.

Last week I lost one of my longtime friends and regular hunting partners in a tragic accident. At 41 he left a wife and 3 young kids. My boys really wanted to hunt Saturday morning and I was so distracted that I left my gun on the counter. It was truly one of my most enjoyable hunts. It gave me time to reflect on many of the great sunrises we shared together and how I'd miss the ones that should have come.

If you haven't taken a minute to tell the guys that impact your life what they mean to you , do it now!!! You never know when the opportunity may be gone.

Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 02:18 AM

Sad deal...great memories...past and present.... up
Posted By: TXBoss

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 02:18 AM

Good Stuff
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 02:33 AM

Sorrow for your loss. Good friends and hunting partners are hard to come by. Now you have your boys and your friends kids to introduce to hunting. up
Posted By: SaintsReturn

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 02:46 AM

Those who impact is the most, are often not told enough. Glad that the day still turned out to be enjoyable!
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 02:48 AM

Spoken from the heart. It's all about friends, kids and family. Without them, nothing matters.

Our prayers are with you and his family
Posted By: cyphertext

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 03:38 AM

Sorry for your loss. It does look like your hunt without the gun was a very enjoyable one.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 03:52 AM

That sucks. Sorry about your friend.
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 10:47 AM

Sorry for your loss. I lost my best friend and hunting partner last April. He is the one who got me into hunting. Hell I even wear cowboy boots now. Never reliesed what an impact he had on me and especially my kids.

I keep a picture of home in my hunting bag so he is always with me.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 01:57 PM

Sorry for your loss. Man, that's tough. Sounds like a good day hunting with your boys and reflecting was just what you needed.
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 02:57 PM

Tough losing an old friend, lost my bud back in March, still think about him, friends for 38 years is a long time but also not nearly long enough. Wasn't a hunter, but loved shooting guns and fishing. Would of been 49 next Monday.

Make your boys your hunting buddies now. Remember the good times and cherrish the new ones ahead with your sons.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 07:48 PM

Great pics and perspective. Sorry about your friend, way too young. God bless you and your family and of course His !!

4W
Posted By: Team Hillbilly

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 08:15 PM

Yes Sir that's what it's all about,just look at the smile on that boys face woot
My hat's off to you.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Left the gun at the house. - 09/08/15 09:16 PM

Bet you and the boys will remember that hunt for a long time. Way to go. Sorry about your friend. Lost one of my hunting and fishing buddies this past year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum