Texas Hunting Forum

Free Disabled Vet Dove Hunt - Short Fuse!!!

Posted By: B_Rod

Free Disabled Vet Dove Hunt - Short Fuse!!! - 09/04/15 04:29 PM

Sorry for the short fuse, but my son is coordinating a free disabled vet dove hunt in Bonhan, TX tomorrow and he just had some people back out this morning so we have five open spots. He's looking for wounded/injured/ill vets and immediate family members. A Purple Heart is not required; torn up knees, bad backs, PTSD, etc qualifies. Lunch and shells will be provided and there will also be a clay shoot.

When: 05 SEP 15 0700 - 1500.
Where: Honey Grove, TX (near Bohnham)
Why: Fellowship, Camaraderie, and fun times.
What: Hunters need their weapon, a hunting license, hunter safety (if required) and eye/ear protection is highly recommended.

Since this is last minute, please call me directly if you have any questions or if you qualify and want to go. My cell number is: 817-341-9845. Please help me get the word out; would hate to leave the spaces unfilled. Thanks...Bert Rodriguez
Posted By: Cast

Re: Free Disabled Vet Dove Hunt - Short Fuse!!! - 09/04/15 04:30 PM

A Good Work indeed.

Re: Free Disabled Vet Dove Hunt - Short Fuse!!! - 09/04/15 09:22 PM

Bump to the top...getting down to the wire and we still have five available spots.
Posted By: Team Hillbilly

Re: Free Disabled Vet Dove Hunt - Short Fuse!!! - 09/04/15 09:36 PM

Very good thing and I wish you luck with the hunt.

I need more notice that this to arrange transportation and logistics

Re: Free Disabled Vet Dove Hunt - Short Fuse!!! - 09/04/15 09:40 PM

My wife asked if your seeing any birds?

Re: Free Disabled Vet Dove Hunt - Short Fuse!!! - 09/04/15 11:40 PM

Yeah, I understand about the notice. Some folks had to back out at last minute. It's not my ranch. There is a very generous gentleman out there who opens his ranch for hunts to vets. I've never been there so I don't know if they're seeing birds.

Re: Free Disabled Vet Dove Hunt - Short Fuse!!! - 09/05/15 03:55 AM

That's okay she asked,not that it makes any difference still to far on that short notice,humm wonder if they are set up for a wheelchair?another of those logical questions,I have a track driven wheelchair we call the "TANK".it can handle up to about 18"of water,and about afoot of mud.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum