Texas Hunting Forum

Any Dove Reports in Wichita County??

Posted By: TexasOutdoorsman

Any Dove Reports in Wichita County?? - 09/02/15 08:39 PM

Im going up there with a few buddies to hopefully get some dove!! Land owner said there where plenty of ring necks.. Has any one else hunted up in this county or close too it??
Posted By: Charlie817

Re: Any Dove Reports in Wichita County?? - 09/02/15 10:49 PM

Many years ago I hunted a public lake near Iowa Park, Tx. There were enough doves to keep several groups of hunters busy. Don't know how the hunting is now, things change over 35 years. Good luck to you!
Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

Re: Any Dove Reports in Wichita County?? - 09/02/15 11:38 PM

I hunted in Wichita Falls yesterday. Thousands of whitewings. Flocks of hundreds but most of them are flying too high to shoot at. I shot a bunch of Eurasians and a few mourning dove and a few whitewings.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Any Dove Reports in Wichita County?? - 09/03/15 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Charlie817
Many years ago I hunted a public lake near Iowa Park, Tx. There were enough doves to keep several groups of hunters busy. Don't know how the hunting is now, things change over 35 years. Good luck to you!
I did too Charlie. Loved hunting out there. Back then you couldn't shoot before noon. I remember one year it sounded like a war zone. We got checked by the game warden at 12:45 and we had a 5 man limit that was 12 each at the time. We were scared we had miscounted but luckily we had not.
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: Any Dove Reports in Wichita County?? - 09/03/15 03:25 AM

I still hunt there. Hunted outside of Holliday (valley view) opening morning. We both got 9. All morning dove. Went out to the lake about 2 and only saw 2 high flyers for 2 hrs. Been scouting out there before opening lately and haver seen many.

My boss hunted burkburnet tue eve and limited out white wings in 15 minutes.
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Any Dove Reports in Wichita County?? - 09/03/15 03:30 AM

Hunted near Burk and able to get two limits but birds were flying high for the most part.
Posted By: TexasOutdoorsman

Re: Any Dove Reports in Wichita County?? - 09/03/15 03:35 AM

Alright thanks for all the info yall! sounds like we should be good!! Ill post pictures next week on how it goes!!

cowboy
Posted By: Charlie817

Re: Any Dove Reports in Wichita County?? - 09/03/15 10:41 AM

up
Posted By: TurkeyWhisperer

Re: Any Dove Reports in Wichita County?? - 09/03/15 08:12 PM

I hunted 1/2 mile from Wichita Falls Tuesday afternoon. My son and I limited out. About 1/2 mourning dove and 1/2 white wing. Also shot about 10 collared (no limit). I never had a chance to sit down there were so many birds flying. It was the best dove hunt I've ever been on!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum