Texas Hunting Forum

Finally took care of something that's been bugging me...

Posted By: Guy

Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/16/15 07:56 PM

homey how you put up with this for so long? grin

Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/16/15 11:05 PM

So, you just wanted to by one more "camo" than red? confused2
Posted By: Littledog

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/16/15 11:39 PM

Nice paint job! One less thing to blame flared birds on.
Those kind of things make me crazy too!

Just curious..is there a coast guard rule about all portable fuel tanks must be coast guard approved red?
Wouldn't want marine police to give you a ticket.

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/16/15 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Littledog
Nice paint job! One less thing to blame flared birds on.
Those kind of things make me crazy too!

Just curious..is there a coast guard rule about all portable fuel tanks must be coast guard approved red?
Wouldn't want marine police to give you a ticket.

I thought about that, and then thought Wayne would not worry about it, so I said what the heck!
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/17/15 04:20 AM

Lemme know how it last,one has all flaked off
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/17/15 11:12 AM

Lol I will be painting one here pretty soon. I have decided I put the fuel tank on the front deck of the ducktoon boat in case there is a leak and to also put more weight forward. My paint job won't look so petty.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/17/15 12:00 PM

Good job Guy, but a waste of time. The paint "will" come off by the end of season. I think the plastic tanks breathe or something, I did the same thing on a boat once and the paint came off pretty bad in a few months. It will be tan and red poke a dots in no time.
Wayne, on my boat I just slip the tank into a cheap camo Tshirt, easy for anyone to do.

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/17/15 01:28 PM

Dang, already has a chip!!

Might have to roll with the camo shirt idea. cheers

Last year I was always covering it with something.
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/17/15 01:56 PM

did you use this stuff?

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/17/15 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: oldoak2000
did you use this stuff?

No, rustoleum I think. I have used that krylon fusion before I know it is suppose to be good for plastic, at least that is what they say, I'm not sure it is any better than the rest.
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/17/15 05:12 PM

camo duct tape
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/18/15 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy
Dang, already has a chip!!

Might have to roll with the camo shirt idea. cheers

Last year I was always covering it with something.

Thats duckblood, not a chip
Posted By: huntingag01

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/19/15 07:40 PM

if you spill gas on it will eat that paint off most likely.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Finally took care of something that's been bugging me... - 08/21/15 07:07 PM

Try putting a clear coat over it maybe
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum