Texas Hunting Forum

Cleaning ducks in the boat?

Posted By: BlakeJ

Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 08:30 AM

What are the rules on cleaning ducks in the boat on the way back in to the ramp. Leave one wing attached?
Posted By: Farvafire

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 10:05 AM

Do it and you wont get an invite back in my boat.
Posted By: john paul

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: BlakeJ
What are the rules on cleaning ducks in the boat on the way back in to the ramp. Leave one wing attached?

Sounds right to me
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 01:36 PM

One wing is good as long as its clearly identifiable as the species you are claiming it as might keep the neck plume in tact or the hole head to be safe.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 01:46 PM

I wouldn't leave identity up to a game warden. They are human and not always in the right. Not all game wardens were/are sportsmen and woman. You could get a college educated warden with near zero life experience the way the hiring requirements have shifted. Back in my day the hiring requirements were of course academy trained with 2 years experience before you could apply. It was really tough in the 80s looking for a police job because everyone required the 2 years. I had to hire on as a reserve for the first year of my career then I found a chief that knew my father. He set a badge on the desk when I walked in to visit him. Nowadays they want college and pay little attention to experience. So to avoid any confusion it might be best if you left a wing and the head. It is not required by law and you would win in the end but it is your call if you wish to go through the BS of it.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: wal1809
I wouldn't leave identity up to a game warden. They are human and not always in the right. Not all game wardens were/are sportsmen and woman. You could get a college educated warden with near zero life experience the way the hiring requirements have shifted. Back in my day the hiring requirements were of course academy trained with 2 years experience before you could apply. It was really tough in the 80s looking for a police job because everyone required the 2 years. I had to hire on as a reserve for the first year of my career then I found a chief that knew my father. He set a badge on the desk when I walked in to visit him. Nowadays they want college and pay little attention to experience. So to avoid any confusion it might be best if you left a wing and the head. It is not required by law and you would win in the end but it is your call if you wish to go through the BS of it.

Better safe than sorry especially dealing with the law. A pocket reference book might be handy to help the nube game wardens identify your spoils.
Posted By: BlakeJ

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 01:58 PM

I'm just trying to figure out a way to keep the meat from spoiling if I want to stay on the water and fish after a hunt. Could I just breast them out but keep the carcasses?
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 02:13 PM

Place in bag and throw on ice. Problem solved.
Posted By: garrett

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Gdogg

you just ruined everyone's chance to overthink the situation...these kinds of post dont belong on the internet
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: garrett

you just ruined everyone's chance to overthink the situation...these kinds of post dont belong on the internet
roflmao
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 02:47 PM

happy3
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 03:02 PM

It's really that easy......

Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/04/15 03:04 PM

So how many spoonies fit in a one gallon ziplock? confused2

Gotta be prepared...
Posted By: TWarren

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/06/15 08:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BlakeJ
I'm just trying to figure out a way to keep the meat from spoiling if I want to stay on the water and fish after a hunt. Could I just breast them out but keep the carcasses?

No, until the carcass reaches its final destination one fully feathered wing or head must remain attached for identification. I was once given a citation for breasting the birds while camping despite having a bag with all the carcasses still in camp.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/06/15 09:28 PM

Juglines don't have to be white anymore. Just put up hooks above the weights on your decoys. Hunt and Fish at the same time, then your ducks will not have time to spoil. nidea
Posted By: passthru

Re: Cleaning ducks in the boat? - 08/09/15 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Juglines don't have to be white anymore. Just put up hooks above the weights on your decoys. Hunt and Fish at the same time, then your ducks will not have time to spoil. nidea

Now there is man with a plan. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum