Texas Hunting Forum

Who does good mud motor work?

Posted By: NTXBowfisher

Who does good mud motor work? - 07/06/15 04:17 PM

I have a 35hp mud buddy i want to do some modifications to -
Needs a valve job, i wanting to go all stainless hp valvetrain w/ triple angle valve seats.
mild cam
deck the heads
and top it off with the Mikuni 42mm carb

yall know of anyone capable of doing this work? preferably close to DFW but i will drive if i have to...

Re: Who does good mud motor work? - 07/06/15 07:34 PM

not sure why this got moved but ok
Posted By: Guy

Re: Who does good mud motor work? - 07/06/15 10:28 PM

If you find one let us know. Been a few posts on this, anybody that wants to open a mud motor shop in DFW you will have the market cornered. I can tell you Brown Boat repair would do it, they will take on anything and they are pretty good, they just don't specialize in these motors, and they will probably be expensive.

Really who would be ideal is a B&S mechanic at a lawn mower shop, looking to make some extra money on the side. If you find a good one let us know, maybe run an add in craigs list. Most lawn mower shops will not work on these boats because they do not have a place to keep the boat.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Who does good mud motor work? - 07/07/15 11:56 AM

Call "Boat Dr" in LA and order what you need from them instead of BPS, better service and you will get your parts in a couple of days.
You are wanting reworked heads and gaskets, will run around $590 for both, the heads will include stainless valves and the decking will be modest, if you want more you will have to go with one of the custom guys. The heads he sells are very similar to the BPS Iron Mountain heads. You will be charged an extra $400 for your cores that will need to be sent back to him.
The Mikuni kit will run you around $800 depending on CDI or non CDI motor.
Cam can be ordered from him as well but not sure what your wanting with the cam, custom grind or something basic stock.

Once you figure that stuff out and get your parts, pretty much any Briggs dealer/lawnmower shop can install these items. You could actually do most of the stuff yourself with exception to the cam.

To answer your question, I am not aware of an actual Mudbuddy shop around here, used to be one of the best in North Texas but BassPro ruined that years ago.

You can PM me if you want a couple lawnmower shops I think could help or if you want info on custom head work.

Hope this helps.

Re: Who does good mud motor work? - 07/07/15 02:20 PM

ok so i have heard great things about this boat Dr. Guy, how do i get in touch with him? does he have website? phone number?
Posted By: Guy

Re: Who does good mud motor work? - 07/07/15 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: NTXBowfisher
ok so i have heard great things about this boat Dr. Guy, how do i get in touch with him? does he have website? phone number?

Not sure if they have a website, I think I tried to search for it before. They advertise on mudmotortalk.com forum, The Boat Doctor 504-737-1203.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Who does good mud motor work? - 07/07/15 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy
Originally Posted By: NTXBowfisher

Not sure if they have a website, I think I tried to search for it before. They advertise on mudmotortalk.com forum, The Boat Doctor 504-737-1203.

That is the correct number, I have ordered a few things from them, great customer service and he can answer any question about these motors.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum