Texas Hunting Forum

Making some hay now

Posted By: wal1809

Making some hay now - 07/06/15 02:02 PM

I found this old roll of wire in the junk pit up at the duck lease. It works really well for weaving bamboo in and out to secure the bamboo to the wall. That sticking up will break off ect. That under the wire isn't going anywhere. Even if I were, which I won't, to lose 50% of the vegetation it would still be fine.

Posted By: Guy

Re: Making some hay now - 07/06/15 10:46 PM

Looks good, gonna be a lot of work to finish it. You figure out how you're gonna close that thing in so you can sleep in it?

Re: Making some hay now - 07/07/15 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy
Looks good, gonna be a lot of work to finish it. You figure out how you're gonna close that thing in so you can sleep in it?

With the constant rain we have had this year I am way behind schedule. I climbed onto my lawn mower Sunday at 9AM, stopped for lunch and got right back on the mower. At 5 PM I finished the front. I still have the rear yard to go. I was mowing grass from 3 cuttings plus 1 foot deep grass. It is growing 1.5 inches a day, every day even on Sundays. This mind you is with a 25 HP Kubota diesel zero turn. It struggled.

So with that being said and to answer your question, yes. I have figured out how to close the front. I am not going to close it in. I am going to let the top camo hang down and the front camo stick up. From the roof rafter you can see in the picture I will hang camo burlap. It will blend in and block what little view remains. If it is cold or raining then at night we will hang a tarp from the same rafter. I just didn't have time to get to all that before teal season.

I just got the new throttle controls in the mail last night. I got it installed on the center console but now I have to figure out hooking it up to the engine. I can hook them up just fine but the gear shifter in the lower unit is binding for some reason. Once I find out why, that will end that problem. Honestly I don't think I will have it ready for teal season. My first clinic is in 2 weeks and it is balls to the wall from then through mid September, which of course is teal season. I might take a day or two of vacation to concentrate on the problems.
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Making some hay now - 07/07/15 07:03 PM

Lookin real good, Wayne.

Re: Making some hay now - 07/07/15 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave Speer
Lookin real good, Wayne.

Thank you Dave.
Posted By: muddyz

Re: Making some hay now - 07/08/15 01:42 AM

I like how that sticks up and hides the opening

Re: Making some hay now - 07/08/15 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: muddyz
I like how that sticks up and hides the opening

I do too but I am positive it won't be staying too long. The bamboo will make it. The small branches might make it. The leaves are going come right off.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Making some hay now - 07/08/15 03:31 AM

Thanks for picking up your empties before taking that picture

Re: Making some hay now - 07/08/15 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: #Hayraker
Thanks for picking up your empties before taking that picture

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum