Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for a MO, KS, LA duck hunt

Posted By: STXHO

Looking for a MO, KS, LA duck hunt - 07/01/15 03:41 AM

My group of buddies is looking to go on a duck/ goose hunt in the following places- MO, KS, LA. We would like to do a 3 day hunt. Budget is $2500-$3k per person. I have been searching the internet for weeks looking at outfitters, I though I would reach out to you guys for help. The only time we can go is in January.

Thanks
Posted By: john paul

Re: Looking for a MO, KS, LA duck hunt - 07/01/15 11:50 AM

Originally Posted By: STXHO
My group of buddies is looking to go on a duck/ goose hunt in the following places- MO, KS, LA. We would like to do a 3 day hunt. Budget is $2500-$3k per person. I have been searching the internet for weeks looking at outfitters, I though I would reach out to you guys for help. The only time we can go is in January.

Thanks

What kind of ducks you want to kill? Mallards? Or does it matter? What kind of geese do you want to kill? Greater Canada's? Lessers, specks, and snows?

Re: Looking for a MO, KS, LA duck hunt - 07/01/15 02:29 PM

We really don't care what kind of ducks. Mallards would be nice since we don't get a chance at many where we hunt. Mainly dark geese is what we are after.
Posted By: duckman10

Re: Looking for a MO, KS, LA duck hunt - 07/01/15 02:56 PM

High Caliber Outdoors in KS!!!
Posted By: john paul

Re: Looking for a MO, KS, LA duck hunt - 07/01/15 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: STXHO
We really don't care what kind of ducks. Mallards would be nice since we don't get a chance at many where we hunt. Mainly dark geese is what we are after.

Just based on what you want to kill I think Kansas is a no brainer. Mallards galore in January and 8 dark geese per day (I think 2 can be specks). Hooray Ranch is probably your best bet for really great hunting but it is going to cost quite a bit I am sure but if I had to guess it will still probably be in your price range. There is also plenty of smaller outfitters in Kansas that have plenty of success and the cost would probably be half of what it will be at Hooray Ranch.

Besides the above mentioned High Caliber you could also try Prairie Thunder Outfitters, although I have heard mixed reviews about them.

Is Oklahoma out of the question? Might save you a couple hours of driving and the hunting there is just as good as Kansas and you can shoot 8 dark geese there as well but I believe only 1 speck.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Looking for a MO, KS, LA duck hunt - 07/01/15 03:15 PM

I have been with High Caliber twice. The last trip was epic. Our first was in Jan. 2013 and specs weren't in season. Might want to keep that in consideration no matter which trip you book.

Re: Looking for a MO, KS, LA duck hunt - 07/01/15 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Drew30
High Caliber Outdoors in KS!!!

Ill check them out. You want to go with us?

Re: Looking for a MO, KS, LA duck hunt - 07/03/15 01:13 AM

Thanks for the input guys. We have booked with maxxed out guide service
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Looking for a MO, KS, LA duck hunt - 07/03/15 01:29 PM

Sounds like a fun trip. Looks like they are based out of Minnesota, bring your cold weather gear!

Googling them provided me with some mild entertainment of reviews, hope y'all have a good trip.

If you're lucky, maybe you can hunt the golf course with them smile

http://photos.twincities.com/2014/09/20/hunting-for-canada-geese-at-pebble-creek-golf-course/#1
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum