Texas Hunting Forum

Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers

Posted By: martin oliver

Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/22/15 10:54 PM

I have a small field north of McKinney that I would let someone hunt doves on if they would agree to plant sunflowers or some type of food source. Let me know if you have any Ideas. Thanks
Posted By: TTUhunter4

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/22/15 11:34 PM

Are you going to provide the tractor, implements,seed, etc. or are you looking for someone to provide seed, fuel, and equipment?
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/23/15 12:13 AM

I think you're late.

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/23/15 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Huntmaster
I think you're late.
word.
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/23/15 03:36 AM

You beggers sure are choosers
Posted By: Guy

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/23/15 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: martin oliver
Let me know if you have any Ideas. Thanks

Maybe some of you guys missed this part? Sounds like he wants to partner with someone, that's willing to chip in and work, pull their weight etc...
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/23/15 01:35 PM

I think I did miss it, what plant can he put in the ground in July
that will be ready to hunt in September?

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/24/15 02:54 PM

Am I begging? If you do not have anything to add to the conversation the polite thing to do is keep your opinions to yourself.

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/24/15 03:18 PM

I apologize for not making this more clear.

I was looking to trade some hunting hunting ground in exchange for a few acres being planted north of McKinney. The area you decide to hunt does not have to be the land north of McKinney. I also have around 3,000 acres in Oklahoma that we could possibly work out some type of trade for hunting there in exchange for planting a few acres north of McKinney.

I was not necessarily talking about this season specifically, however it is not too late to plant corn provided the weather cooperates. Safflower would be ready by the end of the season this year if it stayed cool enough to germinate. With all the rain we are having that could possibly happen. There are several types of grasses that would seed by dove season. The point is if you are the person planting it you are also the person hunting it, unless you opted to trade for an Oklahoma spot.

Im not begging for a place to hunt. I have more places than most people. I just wanted to improve the one place I have in north TX so that when I am here with my son we have a little more action.
Posted By: Catch Dog

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/24/15 04:34 PM

Pm sent

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/24/15 09:12 PM

Am I begging? If you do not have anything to add to the conversation the polite thing to do is keep your opinions to yourself.

Wasn't talking to you. Calm down

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/26/15 10:21 PM

DONT YOU TELL ME TO CALM DOWN JEFF! just kidding... I got what you meant after I thought about it.

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/27/15 02:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder

Wasn't talking to you. Calm down

I wasn't begging for anything, bud. I was just asking a question that I thought would help clarify what he was looking for to those who might be interested. I have plenty of places to hunt, but I do appreciate your unnecessary mud flinging, as always.

Re: Trade Dove hunting for planting sunflowers - 06/28/15 06:17 PM

You bet^^^
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum