Texas Hunting Forum

Gator at Lewisville Lake

Posted By: ndhunter

Gator at Lewisville Lake - 06/16/15 07:38 PM

9-foot gator spotted at Lewisville Lake

LEWISVILLE — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers tweeted out a photo of a 9-foot alligator that was spotted Monday near a ditch at Lewisville Lake.

"An approximately 9-foot gator was seen in a drainage ditch at the toe of the dam on the downstream side," wrote The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on their Fort Worth District Facebook page. "It was near the Elm Fork of the Trinity River adjacent to a swampy area that is currently inundated with water being released from the lake."

The sighting isn't terribly unusual, according to the USACE_FortWorth.

"Lewisville Lake personnel see alligators occasionally but this one was ready for its close up," the post read.

They also warned residents to never approach or feed a gator.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/den...-lake/28816485/
Posted By: TooLow

Re: Gator at Lewisville Lake - 06/16/15 07:47 PM

bolt
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Gator at Lewisville Lake - 06/16/15 09:21 PM

Oh noes!
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Gator at Lewisville Lake - 06/16/15 09:49 PM

Supposedly, pneumonia is what limits the northern spread of alligators. They can visit up here all they want in the summer, but I don't think they can survive the winter cold snaps.

That said, where there's one ...
Posted By: sweetwilliam

Re: Gator at Lewisville Lake - 06/16/15 11:54 PM

They have been in lake Dallas for years!
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Gator at Lewisville Lake - 06/17/15 01:01 AM

Been gators in fort worth area for several years.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Gator at Lewisville Lake - 06/17/15 02:12 AM

When I was a kid some 23 years ago I was watching a fishing show while sitting on my mother's couch in Florida. They panned out and showed a gator. I didn't think anything of it until I noticed they were fishing on Lake Fork. I was like "Huh!"
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Gator at Lewisville Lake - 06/17/15 03:09 AM

Good size gator...

link to original gator pic on Facebook
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Gator at Lewisville Lake - 06/17/15 01:02 PM

I'm friends with the biologist at Llela. I'll call him. There's a slough below the dam where Stewart creek goes through. Perfect habitat for gators. Believe it or not, ALL DFW area lakes have gators, usually in the upper ends, near swampy areas.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Gator at Lewisville Lake - 06/17/15 02:32 PM

Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Gator at Lewisville Lake - 06/17/15 06:35 PM

I thought they were talking about al roker.

the poor guy travelled all the way from new York to talk about Bill, just to be cut off this morning due to technical difficulties.

and why is he always stepping left and right during interview. weird. cameraman hate him since they have to focus him constantly

poor al rofl
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum