Texas Hunting Forum

Finally got the word.

Posted By: Gdogg

Finally got the word. - 06/04/15 04:12 PM

That Birdman Studios will be working on my redhead. I sent it to them in February 2014 and they are finally getting to it. This will be my 5th bird, all turned out great, but how do people keep up with this kind of stuff. hammer I guess next time set a reminder in my phone. A widgeon and canvasback will be boarding a plan in a couple of weeks. I'm guessing I will get them back maybe in 2016. rofl
Posted By: garrett

Re: Finally got the word. - 06/04/15 04:38 PM

Colorado dopers

Re: Finally got the word. - 06/04/15 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: garrett
Colorado dopers

But the birds are so colorful, Man.
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Finally got the word. - 06/09/15 05:21 PM

That's crazy...did you actually pay in advance? I like the places that let you pay afterwards (which are probably not very many these days) but it kind of gives them reason to get their work done in a timely fashion so they can get paid on it.

By the way how many birds have you actually performed the taxidermy on yourself? How long would you say it takes?
;-)

Re: Finally got the word. - 06/09/15 05:41 PM

No prepay. That would be stupid.

None

On average 1 year.
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Finally got the word. - 06/09/15 07:45 PM

Who was it that prepaid and then the person doing the mount had his shop burn down. Zero money back. I think it might have been Scooter. Now that was sad. Should we be asking if the taxidermist has insurance haha.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Finally got the word. - 06/09/15 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Gdogg
Originally Posted By: garrett
Colorado dopers

But the birds are so colorful, Man.

Like a cosmic dust storm.
Posted By: Roc

Re: Finally got the word. - 06/18/15 01:15 AM

You will love Todds work. I have 4 done and got the call that's lesser scaup is getting started. He now also has 4 more birds from my Mexico trip that will get done next year.

And yes he charges no pre pay or deposit. You pay when he is done. I love his business method which means I don't tie up money with nothing to show for a year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum