Texas Hunting Forum

Old Bullydog

Posted By: wal1809

Old Bullydog - 05/20/15 01:13 PM

He is nearing 13 faster than I want him to. He sneaked out to my brother in law's boat, hiding out thinking we were down there to duck hunt. He has the mind of a pup but a wore out old rag of a body. Damn that hurts.

Posted By: Guy

Re: Old Bullydog - 05/20/15 01:29 PM

Yeah Molly will be 10 yrs old when season starts, it will be her 10th hunting season. She is not done yet, but it could end any day I know..

Re: Old Bullydog - 05/20/15 01:53 PM

Old Bull can't hardly hear anymore. He certainly can only hear what he wants to hear. As a pup he could jump over a tailgate of a truck to get into a truck. Now I have to lift him everywhere. I don't mind it at all. He can't hardly get from the barn to the house without getting winded. There just something aint right about how fast they leave us.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Old Bullydog - 05/21/15 12:41 AM

Take that boy fishing!
Posted By: Fowlman

Re: Old Bullydog - 05/21/15 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Fooshman
Take that boy fishing!
+1 he needs a fishing trip. up

Re: Old Bullydog - 05/21/15 01:48 PM

He thinks we were there to duck hunt. I have noted over the years my dogs can remember where they are. I suspect/know it is memory triggered by smell. I live on the San Bernard River. My dogs can sleep all the way home from Kansas even, snoring and out like a light. Get near that river and you will see that head pop up over the third row seat. This isn't a one time deal, it is an every time thing. So old Bull rarely went fishing with us because he would just bail off the boat whenever he got hot. He was always there when duck hunting. I had my little black bitch down there with us so Bull was worried she was going to get picked to go instead of him. I saw him as he walked down the boat dock and he cast a quick gaze back. He was looking to see if I was watching. I hid from him to watch. Poor old dude could hardly step from the docks to the boat. Then he found a low spot, thinking he was a stow away until we went duck hunting. Dang I love that old dog.
Posted By: TexasEd

Re: Old Bullydog - 05/21/15 03:13 PM

good boy
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum