Texas Hunting Forum

Twister bringing the pain.

Posted By: wal1809

Twister bringing the pain. - 05/18/15 02:48 PM

Well a few weeks or so ago we had a twister snap some full size trees in half in the back yard, step over the house and just licked the roof of the barn. It tore up about 25% of the barn roof. I was bound and determined Saturday to scare that roof back up on to the barn. It was super hot, super humid and I was super unmotivated. I am usually a go getter but I was just not into it. I called a guy that knows a guy and we agreed on a price. I took a shower and put on khaki shorts and a fishing shirt. I lined him out and I went to Tomball to return an ice maker that didn't work. When I got home they were just picking up their tools. That was the best money I ever spent, I was still not sweaty as I just road for 4 hours in the air conditioned truck.

This is where this all comes together. The storms ripping through brought a cook breeze from the north. The roofers had tin left over. I suddenly found motivation to do something. I got about 10% of the tin screwed to the pontoon boat/ duck blind. I also landed enough tin for tin to finish out for $20. Picks will be added tonight. Yeah I found motivation again!!!
Posted By: garrett

Re: Twister bringing the pain. - 05/18/15 02:50 PM

I bet you have had to deal with that barn roof at least 8 times since I have known you confused2

Re: Twister bringing the pain. - 05/18/15 03:34 PM

It is a different section this time. I am afriad after all the hurricane straps are put in, the sides will blow out roflmao
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Twister bringing the pain. - 05/18/15 03:54 PM

I need a new fence and my neighbor in the back wants us to build it. I think I'm going Wano style and paying somebody to do that. I have way more interesting ways to spend my time laugh

Re: Twister bringing the pain. - 05/18/15 03:59 PM

Dave I am the do it myself kind of guy. Mainly because I can't pay someone to do it like I can do it. For example. When I got back I immediately saw two of the 12 foot 2 by 6s were not turned crown side up. That is just an elementary mistake in the building world. Never would I have done that. Buttttttt, I was not willing to do it myself this time. If we stay at that location then I am going to build a brand new R-panel barn with a concrete floor. So I opted to not have hime tear out the whole thing and flip the boards. I am brutal on construction and quality control.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum