Texas Hunting Forum

Causeway fishing trip turned DUCK WATCH

Posted By: STX Waterfowler

Causeway fishing trip turned DUCK WATCH - 04/02/15 05:14 AM

Drum run was here and there. Dogfish for me, but the duck sight was AMAZING.
plenty of redheads still around. And a field in a disclosed location, is loaded with ducks. From Shovelers to Pintails to Mallard and Mottled. I have never seen so many birds settle around these parts. I hear they usually stick up north more or head on down. Its beautiful to bird watch on my way into town. How's everyone else doin so far? My trigger finger is itchin' more and more everyday.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Causeway fishing trip turned DUCK WATCH - 04/02/15 01:40 PM

Yeah, if you want to get out and check out some ducks, now is a good time. Crappie fishing hasn't been that good, but bird watching has been awesome.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Causeway fishing trip turned DUCK WATCH - 04/02/15 03:06 PM

A lot of spoonies and blue wings around here headed back north. Love watching the blue wings in full plume. Sure wish they were around during the season.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Causeway fishing trip turned DUCK WATCH - 04/02/15 04:13 PM

11 redheads on my parents' stock tank in Lexington, TX last week. 2-3 for a few days, then the rest showed up and they stayed there for almost a week. They're definitely headed north, but not in any hurry apparently!
Posted By: STX Waterfowler

Re: Causeway fishing trip turned DUCK WATCH - 04/07/15 03:48 AM

Past couple days I've seen them back at a flooded field just 2 mins away from home. I say about 20 of them. They are loathing around a lot! couldn't tell what they were but were definitely ducks. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow. Ive got an awesome camera. I just WISH they would be here during season. This rain that has covered stx is amazing!! Need some winter heavy rain so I can see these ducks at the end of my barrel. aim
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Causeway fishing trip turned DUCK WATCH - 04/08/15 05:21 PM

juggle

Best of luck buddy. prays up for heavy winter rains.. laugh
Posted By: fowlslayer11

Re: Causeway fishing trip turned DUCK WATCH - 04/15/15 04:51 AM

Seen lots of teal and spoonies everywhere I go, that's for sure. Spotted some green and the woodies of course too. Been seeing some cool birds lately!

Can't wait for the fall to roll around.
Posted By: Txcatman1

Re: Causeway fishing trip turned DUCK WATCH - 04/19/15 03:11 AM

There not "settled" just cruisin back home. You really want to see somethin cool go stand on bob hall an watch thousand of blue wings fly the surf goin back north. They'll be pretty much gone within the month. Mottled ducks or whistlers is what your seein in the field. They stay here all year.
Posted By: fowlslayer11

Re: Causeway fishing trip turned DUCK WATCH - 04/22/15 11:08 PM

I hope you're talking about the Causeway in Galveston, because I'm gonna have to go on the prowl for this field if so.. food
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum