Texas Hunting Forum

Road Trip Tank Report Part II

Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Road Trip Tank Report Part II - 03/22/15 07:02 PM

From The Texas State Line with Oklahoma on HWY 287 to Amarillo to Lubbock to Sweet Water to Cisco to Austin...

Saw a few geese feeding between Stratford and Dumas in cut corn fields and winter wheat fields, mostly Specks with some Lesser Canadians mixed in the groups.

Saw some Specks and Coots on the sheet water and tanks between Lubbock and Post.

Saw some Coots on the tanks between Abilene and Lometa.

Saw three Ruddy Ducks on a tank around Rising Star.

I am sad to report that there are truly no ducks in Centeral Texas.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Road Trip Tank Report Part II - 03/23/15 12:18 AM

On the drive from Sidney Nebraska straight north to the South Dakota border, we saw several species of ducks on the flooded fields. Saw one group of snows in a cut corn field that must have been over 1,000 birds. The ducks are definitely on their way back north to breed....so are the geese.
Posted By: Teamjefe

Re: Road Trip Tank Report Part II - 03/23/15 12:52 PM

I went to our wetlands around El Campo yesterday. You should see the teal loaded in there. Amazing
Posted By: Tx Geese

Re: Road Trip Tank Report Part II - 03/23/15 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Teamjefe
I went to our wetlands around El Campo yesterday. You should see the teal loaded in there. Amazing

Yep, lots of ducks on the prairie. Lots of BWT and even saw some Mallards yesterday. The rain has the prairie in great shape for the birds still here.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Road Trip Tank Report Part II - 03/25/15 04:04 PM

I stopped and checked out a shallow pond this morning that was dry all during the season. It had a few hundred ducks on it including a bunch of BWT and spoonies. There were mallards, pintail, GWT, gadwall and ringers on it as well. Wish those fully plumed blue wings were here two months ago!
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Road Trip Tank Report Part II - 03/26/15 06:15 AM

Ran up on some Mallards, Mergansers and Wood Ducks way back in a creek yesterday.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Road Trip Tank Report Part II - 03/31/15 10:41 PM

Saw a bunch of Cinimon Teal in Colorado Sunday afternoon. Also, saw many many hundred Mallards.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum