Texas Hunting Forum

Got stopped by the GW yesterday.

Posted By: Gdogg

Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 04:13 PM

So my son and I were fishing yesterday at one of our local crappie hot spots and a game warden stopped to checked our boat. So the two Texas Wardens pull up and one looks at my boy and says, "I know this one". My son says, "yes you do". I was thinking what in the heck happened. So after we were checked for all the usual items, the game wardens said good luck and were on their way. Before leaving, I asked if he could share the story regarding my boy, he said, "That's between him and me". So I asked my son the same question and he says, "you heard the man".
Posted By: garrett

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 04:17 PM

Tyler is a smart kid
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 04:22 PM

roflmao clap
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 04:25 PM

Lol. Greatness.
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 04:26 PM

Haha...that's funny. But damn I want to know the story now!

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Marcstar
Haha...that's funny. But damn I want to know the story now!

I asked and he wouldnt even tell me roflmao
Posted By: Hogman4127

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 04:29 PM

banana
Posted By: Dave Speer

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 05:44 PM

HAHAHAHAHA
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 05:49 PM

How old is your son?
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 05:59 PM

That made my morning... clap

It gotta be eatin' at Dad sumpin' fierce!
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Gdogg
"you heard the man".

Priceless!!! It might be eating you but somewhere deep down you gotta be respecting the fact your kid has a set of juevos!
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 06:20 PM

Now that's great!!! And a good answer. I'd tell my son he wouldn't be in trouble, just to tell the story!
Posted By: elcasador

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 07:13 PM

HAHA, that's too dang funny!

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BradyBuck
How old is your son?

He is 20. And a grown azz man he tells me. grin

I have not gotten to the bottom of this yet, but I will. I do know that no tickets or warrants have been issued. grin
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 09:10 PM

violin banana

Nice encounter with GW.
Posted By: zeagle68

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 09:57 PM

That's Awesome!
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 10:05 PM

flag Bet something interesting happened.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/20/15 10:16 PM

Ha!
Posted By: Featherduster

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/23/15 05:39 PM

That's pretty good
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/23/15 10:48 PM

haha
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/23/15 11:02 PM

popcorn
Posted By: FowlDreams

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/24/15 12:17 AM

Lol. Damn can't believe he's 20 now. I still remember those awesome youth hunts we went on!

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/24/15 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By: FowlDreams
Lol. Damn can't believe he's 20 now. I still remember those awesome youth hunts we went on!

Seems like yesterday don't it.....

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/24/15 01:48 PM

that was a fun teal hunt

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/24/15 02:20 PM

So here's the story, at least my son's version:

My son and a couple of his friends were duck hunting on a river. After the hunt, the game warden was waiting around to check the hunters as they exited the hunting grounds. One of his friends had lead in his bag from a previous dove hunt (both dove and duck season were open) and another had failed to log his deer kills on his license. The game warden was very stern (for good reason) and lectured the boys regarding the violations. The GW did not issue any tickets but also made it clear that they would not be receiving anymore breaks. I'm sure glad I had all my stuff together during our later visit on the lake. grin
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/24/15 02:23 PM

haha smart kid
Posted By: Western

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/25/15 12:09 PM

Funny read, was going to ask you if the GW had a daughter, but see you got the "info" already
Posted By: TexasEd

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/25/15 06:32 PM

I loved that response
Posted By: hunt91

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 03/26/15 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: BradyBuck
How old is your son?

He is 20. And a grown azz man he tells me. grin

I have not gotten to the bottom of this yet, but I will. I do know that no tickets or warrants have been issued. grin
I had my fare share of run-ins with the GW by the time I was 20. Luckily all harmless.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 04/01/15 03:18 AM

That's funny as hell as an outsider, but would sure have me scratching my head as the father.

I remember as a kid everytime we left the launch to go to the camp dad always said, "What goes on at the camp, stays at the camp."

One night we are playing cards and a buddy's 12 year old son is by the fire cursing up a storm. His dad storms out of there and asks him what his momma would say when she finds out. His response, "What goes on at the camp, stays at the camp." Buddy walked back in with a grin on his face, saying, "What'll you do."

Funny at the time, but I teach my son to never keep secrets from mom because she will always find out and both of us will get in trouble. He asks me how will she find out and I just tell him, mommies are smarter than dads and the kids.
Posted By: REALKILLER

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 04/01/15 01:16 PM

I haven't been checked by a game warden since about 1997 and it was on a boat ramp. I don't care to see them and they never do. Hang out on public boat ramps, public lakes, and big deer camps and you will see them all the time. Good luck green truck man. The only reason you saw me the last time was because a I took a young guy duck hunting and I dont even duck hunt anymore, but I have been hunting about 10000 times since then. up
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 04/01/15 01:28 PM

So my son and I were fishing yesterday at one of our local crappie hot spots and a game warden stopped to checked our boat. So the two Texas Wardens pull up and one looks at my boy and says, "I know this one". My son says, "yes you do". I was thinking what in the heck happened. So after we were checked for all the usual items, the game wardens said good luck and were on their way. Before leaving, I asked if he could share the story regarding my boy, he said, "That's between him and me". So I asked my son the same question and he says, "you heard the man".
is that kind a like "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"?
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Got stopped by the GW yesterday. - 04/01/15 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: REALKILLER
I haven't been checked by a game warden since about 1997 and it was on a boat ramp. I don't care to see them and they never do. Hang out on public boat ramps, public lakes, and big deer camps and you will see them all the time. Good luck green truck man. The only reason you saw me the last time was because a I took a young guy duck hunting and I dont even duck hunt anymore, but I have been hunting about 10000 times since then. up

Your crazier than chit aren't you?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum