Texas Hunting Forum

mudbuddy dealer/repair

Posted By: Duck Slayer

mudbuddy dealer/repair - 02/06/15 01:55 AM

I am looking for a dealer or person who does repair work on mudbuddy motors in Texas, can anybody point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

duckslayer
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: mudbuddy dealer/repair - 02/06/15 02:27 AM

What's your issue?

Re: mudbuddy dealer/repair - 02/06/15 02:42 AM

I need the bearings/races/seals replaced in the outdrive
Posted By: Guy

Re: mudbuddy dealer/repair - 02/06/15 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Duck Slayer
I am looking for a dealer or person who does repair work on mudbuddy motors in Texas, can anybody point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

duckslayer

There are none in NTX, I swear I'm going to open my own mud motor shop in NTX. I can help you with changing oil, greasing shaft, and tightening belt because I have done this myself. Lol.

Re: mudbuddy dealer/repair - 02/06/15 02:50 AM

You would have plenty of business Guy! I am in New Braunfels now, no longer live in Dallas just went to college up there. Based on the noise it is making under load @ 3000 rpm's I'm being assumptive and thinking its the outdrive bearings. Due to busy work sched I really don't have the time to mess with it

Re: mudbuddy dealer/repair - 02/06/15 02:56 AM

Look for youtubes on it. As a last resort, Google Browns Boat Repair, they are competent group of guys. Not experts on mud motors, I had them rewire my boat and they did a good job, and motor guy loved my boat and was itchen to work on my motor. They pride themselves on rigging any boat.
Posted By: mohunter

Re: mudbuddy dealer/repair - 02/06/15 03:11 AM

You could probably figure out how to do it faster yourself than it would take to drive somewhere and have it done. I have not needed to take my Mudbuddy apart yet but have done a Godevil a couple of times and there is not much to it. If you really have no mechanical ability you could just order a new outdrive cheaper than it would take to drive it somewhere probably.

Unfortunately Guy is right and I have thought about opening a shop too but I do not want to starve. I would to see someone open one up, not much to any of these motors really.
Posted By: duckiller

Re: mudbuddy dealer/repair - 02/07/15 01:04 AM

Mud buddies break down...... No way!

Re: mudbuddy dealer/repair - 02/07/15 02:36 PM

How many hours do you have on the motor? Did you grease it regularly? I would think if you keep it greased you would not have any issues.
Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: mudbuddy dealer/repair - 02/07/15 07:38 PM

got your message Spencer...busy all weekend with the fam but give me a shout again sometime next week and we'll see if we can't get ya going. That motor sat for a long time so this does not surprise me. But remember, you "stole" that rig so this minor issue is nothing in the overall scheme of things yingyang
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum