Texas Hunting Forum

Fannin County Property

Posted By: Cappy_TX

Fannin County Property - 01/31/15 02:38 PM

If you or someone you may know is looking for a rural N TX larger home with property, this might be it. 56 acres with fishing, hunting and dog training waters.

http://www.landwatch.com/Fannin-County-Texas-Farms-and-Ranches-for-sale/pid/289325191
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Fannin County Property - 01/31/15 05:58 PM

Why are you selling your place?
Posted By: DuckSausage

Re: Fannin County Property - 01/31/15 06:59 PM

Sorry to hear you're selling. Beautiful place. Good luck!
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Fannin County Property - 01/31/15 07:29 PM

Nice place.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: Fannin County Property - 01/31/15 07:54 PM

Hey Jim, are you all staying local?
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Fannin County Property - 01/31/15 10:19 PM

Love to live up that way, my dad was raised in Ivanhoe and an uncle lives on 273.
Wish you could hold out for 10 more years till I retire up

Re: Fannin County Property - 02/01/15 06:05 PM

Fooshman ... body gave out before the desire did. Sold our wetlands property at the end of the 2012 season to Gary Smith from the Houston area (who visits THF regularly) and was kind enough to allow Carol and me to hunt it occasionally in 2013, and again a few times this past season. After two months in the hospital in June-Aug, I was able to rehab enough that we could still get out for the dog's sake to kill a few even though I'm on oxygen 24/7. How's that for a dedicated 73 year old duck hunter? wink We have someone from Dallas coming today at 3:30 to see this property. Seems very interested.

We just signed a contract Friday for the home on the link below. It's 11 mile from 75/82 in Sherman and much closer to shopping and all of our doctors, etc. that where we are now. Carol was driving the 80+ miles round trip every single day to visit me at TMC and Carrus. I can't allow her to continue doing that again so that's the reason for the sale. If it was up to me only, I'd never have sold the wetlands we developed and loved for 10 years, and the home that we built here.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/241-Stark-Lane,-Sherman-TX_rb/
Posted By: shea.mcphail

Re: Fannin County Property - 02/01/15 06:09 PM

Looks like a beautiful home and property. Best of wishes on the sale.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Fannin County Property - 02/01/15 06:35 PM

Cappy, I can just imagine how difficult it is when your mind want to do the things that you did in your youth, yet your body isn't quite up to the task. I fear the day when I won't be able to get out and hunt when I want, I hope you get your health back and can enjoy the outdoors again.

Best wishes!
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Fannin County Property - 02/01/15 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Cappy_TX
Fooshman ... body gave out before the desire did. Sold our wetlands property at the end of the 2012 season to Gary Smith from the Houston area (who visits THF regularly) and was kind enough to allow Carol and me to hunt it occasionally in 2013, and again a few times this past season. After two months in the hospital in June-Aug, I was able to rehab enough that we could still get out for the dog's sake to kill a few even though I'm on oxygen 24/7. How's that for a dedicated 73 year old duck hunter? wink We have someone from Dallas coming today at 3:30 to see this property. Seems very interested.

We just signed a contract Friday for the home on the link below. It's 11 mile from 75/82 in Sherman and much closer to shopping and all of our doctors, etc. that where we are now. Carol was driving the 80+ miles round trip every single day to visit me at TMC and Carrus. I can't allow her to continue doing that again so that's the reason for the sale. If it was up to me only, I'd never have sold the wetlands we developed and loved for 10 years, and the home that we built here.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/241-Stark-Lane,-Sherman-TX_rb/

Completely understandable. I hope yall enjoy your new place.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Fannin County Property - 02/01/15 10:34 PM

Wish I could help both of us out. I'd buy that in a heartbeat if I was in a different place in my life. Good luck selling and congrats on your new home. It's beautiful also.

Re: Fannin County Property - 02/01/15 10:48 PM

By the way, I have tons of camo clothes, waders, hip boots, general duck hunting gear, a few shotguns, rifles and handguns, several dozen dekes of varied species (Mallards, Teal, Wigeon, etc) plus some honkers, that I'm going to be selling if anyone is interested. PM me for specifics please.
Posted By: texas wetlands

Re: Fannin County Property - 02/04/15 06:07 PM

Just FYI..... Cappy and Carol know that they will always have a standing invitation to come hunt their old wetlands even if they need to drive over from Sherman.

Also like most of us we all name our spots and that one is named Cappy's!!
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Fannin County Property - 02/04/15 06:52 PM

That is a very nice gesture. It is probably most of us waterfowler's dream to build our own duck lore. He made it happen!

Re: Fannin County Property - 02/04/15 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: texas wetlands
Just FYI..... Cappy and Carol know that they will always have a standing invitation to come hunt their old wetlands even if they need to drive over from Sherman.

Also like most of us we all name our spots and that one is named Cappy's!!

Gary ... as I've said here many times ... you are a genuine class act. Thanks again.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum