Texas Hunting Forum

Lake Duck Hunting

Posted By: Trey Finn

Lake Duck Hunting - 01/07/15 05:08 AM

Does anybody have any lake hunting techniques? I want to start hunting lakes in the area and I'm trying to find the most effective method. I've heard a jon boat is a great way... what are the best ways to hunt out of a jonboat?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Lake Duck Hunting - 01/07/15 05:22 AM

Find a legal spot to hunt... Pick a point.. Toss out decoys.. Learn how to do a simple quack with a $10 Haydal call and enjoy your time hunting. A little luck never hurt

Re: Lake Duck Hunting - 01/07/15 05:23 AM

Hiding the boat will be important
Posted By: Fowlman

Re: Lake Duck Hunting - 01/07/15 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot
Find a legal spot to hunt... Pick a point.. Toss out decoys.. Learn how to do a simple quack with a $10 Haydal call and enjoy your time hunting. A little luck never hurt

And go early.
Posted By: Dfwguy

Re: Lake Duck Hunting - 01/07/15 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Fowlman

And go early.

...as in the evening before early depending on the lake.
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Lake Duck Hunting - 01/07/15 08:52 PM

Network to find spots private or pay for lease. Scout and use maps to locate areas to hunt.

Public blows

Re: Lake Duck Hunting - 01/07/15 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: dfwguy
Originally Posted By: Fowlman

And go early.

...as in the evening before early depending on the lake.

clap

Or you can get there 30 minutes before shooting time find the swarm and move away from it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum