Texas Hunting Forum

Coastal new year! Guides day out

Posted By: TxDuck24

Coastal new year! Guides day out - 01/02/15 02:17 AM

Got into a few birds this morning. 2 of us shot some birds to start the new year! The birds are still here

Posted By: AF_Chief

Re: Coastal new year! Guides day out - 01/02/15 02:29 AM

Very nice! I sure hope they ducks are still down there, since I spending the next 2 days down there.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Coastal new year! Guides day out - 01/02/15 02:30 AM

Yall having a light sprig year?

I hunted south of you all last week and could find a sprig to save my life all redheads and a few teal, but I was hunting a different area then I normal do, due to boat I was running.

Think it's the first trip in 15 plus years I haven't gotten a sprig
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Coastal new year! Guides day out - 01/02/15 03:00 AM

Nice pellican

Re: Coastal new year! Guides day out - 01/02/15 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

I hunted south of you all last week and could find a sprig to save my life all redheads and a few teal, but I was hunting a different area then I normal do, due to boat I was running.

We do great before it rains. After the rain it takes about 3-4 days for that rain to dry up before they return in full force. But we have been doing good
Posted By: Fishuhalik

Re: Coastal new year! Guides day out - 01/02/15 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By: TxDuck24

We do great before it rains. After the rain it takes about 3-4 days for that rain to dry up before they return in full force. But we have been doing good

Interesting. Why is that? Do they find small rain holes & stack up on em, then head back to the Laguna after they dry up?
Posted By: HuntCrafted

Re: Coastal new year! Guides day out - 01/02/15 03:44 PM

Nice birds!

Still working on my bird ID skills - I see redheads, pin-tails... What is the bird on the far left w/the orange narrow beak?

Re: Coastal new year! Guides day out - 01/02/15 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishuhalik
Originally Posted By: TxDuck24

Interesting. Why is that? Do they find small rain holes & stack up on em, then head back to the Laguna after they dry up?
that's exactly what they do, find freshwater sheet water and stay until it dries up!

Re: Coastal new year! Guides day out - 01/02/15 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: reeltrek
Nice birds!

Still working on my bird ID skills - I see redheads, pin-tails... What is the bird on the far left w/the orange narrow beak?

A merganser.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum