Texas Hunting Forum

Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions...

Posted By: Guy

Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/27/14 07:56 PM

Step 1: Breast ringer, get skin off, this is the hardest part.

Step 2: Put plastic bag on breast, and smash it with rubber mallet, then cut up real good with a knife, this will help to digest ringer.

Step 3: Put mixture in a bowl..

Step 4: Add 1 cup of dried dog food..

Step 5: Mix well, and watch them go crazy over it.

Posted By: NTX Waterfowl

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/27/14 09:04 PM

That's a really good recipe and the pictures make it all that much better. However, are you sure your pup is excited? They may just be upset that your feeding it a Ringneck.

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/27/14 09:23 PM

Her first bite she shook her head like someone slipped her a shot of whisky by surprise, but then head went strait down and she gobbled it up, licked bowl clean. She loves her some ringer dinner, here is a bonus pic....

Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/27/14 09:25 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/28/14 01:47 AM

Posted By: wal1809

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/28/14 01:54 AM

up
Posted By: MAJKF

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/28/14 03:06 AM

banana2
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/28/14 05:33 AM

bang
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/28/14 10:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Guy
Her first bite she shook her head like someone slipped her a shot of whisky by surprise, but then head went strait down and she gobbled it up, licked bowl clean. She loves her some ringer dinner, here is a bonus pic....

You must have hunted your lease afterall.
Posted By: Fowlman

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/28/14 01:28 PM

roflmao
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/28/14 05:47 PM

Great post!

You hooked me...I was scrolling down to see how you were going to consume those ringers until I saw the dog food
Posted By: STX Waterfowler

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/28/14 06:51 PM

I soak mine for a whole day in Italian dressing. Stuff that sum b**** with Gorgonzola and wrap in bacon. Eat Ringer like a MAN. That gamey taste they are infamous is drastically killed with Gorgonzola. Black and blue duck baby! Also good with bluebills as well.

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/29/14 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: mohunter

Yep, of that wad of ringers than moved in couple weeks ago, only shot one of them. Ringer shot last Tuesday, took an old grade school friend out and his son who has never shot a duck, I was worried I was gonna have to clean 3 limits of ringers, but the ringers must have moved on. We only shot one ringer, hidden in the back lol. My friend hunted ducks a lot in the 80s/90s, but only hunts once or twice a year with me now, it was nice to see his son smack a few ducks...

Saw no ringers today on the lease, and amazing shot these guys.

Had 3 pairs of mallards come in, shot the drakes out of the first 2 pairs, and flair the other pair. Lots of gaddies but they did not want to sit down where I expected..

Scouted these guys today..

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/29/14 03:21 AM

Taste the same as those mallards
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/29/14 05:14 AM

Good looking water
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/29/14 01:16 PM

Originally Posted By: mohunter

Yep, of that wad of ringers than moved in couple weeks ago, only shot one of them. Ringer shot last Tuesday, took an old grade school friend out and his son who has never shot a duck, I was worried I was gonna have to clean 3 limits of ringers, but the ringers must have moved on. We only shot one ringer, hidden in the back lol. My friend hunted ducks a lot in the 80s/90s, but only hunts once or twice a year with me now, it was nice to see his son smack a few ducks...

Saw no ringers today on the lease, and amazing shot these guys.

Had 3 pairs of mallards come in, shot the drakes out of the first 2 pairs, and flair the other pair. Lots of gaddies but they did not want to sit down where I expected..

Scouted these guys today..

Looks like ya'll had a good shoot out there.
We have been on them pretty good the last three days too. Took my cousin and his 13 year old and a buddy yesterday and killed 4 limits. I need to do some more scouting today and tomorrow as well, took today off.

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/29/14 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

You must have desensitized taste buds. Blind fold me, and I can pick out a Mallard, Gadwall, and Ringer, smelling or tasting. The only time I ever cooked ringer and was good was jerky style. I guess if you marinade them all in gasoline they will taste the same.
Posted By: Gladesgator

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/29/14 02:20 PM

Ringers taste just the same as puddle ducks when cooked properly, they eat basically the same food as the puddle ducks.

Most ducks taste the same unless they have been feeding on certain salt water mollusks or fish.

Carry on with the Ring neck bashing. Lol

If, they are so bad, why do you shoot them? Easy to tell the difference between them and a Greenhead.

The recipe was funny.

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/29/14 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Navasot

You must have desensitized taste buds. Blind fold me, and I can pick out a Mallard, Gadwall, and Ringer, smelling or tasting. The only time I ever cooked ringer and was good was jerky style. I guess if you marinade them all in gasoline they will taste the same.

Ill take that bet grin ... and have to plenty of other people that said the same.. mixed them all in and cooked 5 different duck together and no one can tell the difference.. its just a state of mind

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/29/14 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Gladesgator
If, they are so bad, why do you shoot them? Easy to tell the difference between them and a Greenhead.

I didn't shoot it, and it was just one that got shot. So how do you cook your ringer oh masterchef? Everytime I ask this question I never get an answer from the "all-birds-taste-the-same" crowed. If you are cooking duck where they all taste the same, you probably cannot taste the duck, you have done a fine job of killing the duck flavor.

I guess you drowned all steaks in A1 and they all taste the same as well?

Re: Ringer dinner, step-by-step instructions... - 12/29/14 02:34 PM

A1 Makes a good steak! roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum