Texas Hunting Forum

Just one of those days

Posted By: Erichugh22

Just one of those days - 12/23/14 06:24 PM

Had a blow out half a mile from the boat ramp this morning, drove it the rest of the way so I could at least hunt a little while before dealing with it. Forgot my calls in the truck, lost my favorite head lamp. Broke the leg off of my wonderduck, and i dropped my phone out of my waders into the water and didn't realize it for about 20 minutes. Then I get back to the truck to mess with the tire and guess what, my tire tool doesn't fit. I waited an hour for my buddy to get there with a tire tool then my jack blows out all the hydrology fluid. I finally found another jack, got the tire off and my brand new spare tire and wheel I just bought doesn't have matching lugs. Idiots at discount tire gave me the wrong wheel. So I had to ride with my buddy all the way into town to switch out the tire and apparently it's discounts most busy day of the year. On the good side I at least shot 2 ducks.
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Just one of those days - 12/23/14 06:37 PM

Dang, when it rains it pours. That's a lot of bad mojo for one hunt.
Posted By: Esh and Hattie

Re: Just one of those days - 12/23/14 06:38 PM

Go buy a lottery ticket!
Posted By: wfhunter

Re: Just one of those days - 12/23/14 06:49 PM

Sucks to be you this morning, hopefully good things will come later today. One of the hunts you will always remember and tell stories about and laugh.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Just one of those days - 12/23/14 06:57 PM

Tough luck and I'm sorry to hear that.
Posted By: BadLander

Re: Just one of those days - 12/23/14 06:59 PM

Damn I'd go back home and pull the sheets back over my head lol!!!
I would say it could be worse!!!!! But I wont!!!!
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Just one of those days - 12/23/14 07:38 PM

And I thought my Saturday was a fustercluck. 10 minutes into the run and my running lights start going dim. Damn battery didn't hold a charge. Still had 15 minutes of stump dodging to go. So I get out the backup, a 12V spotlight in a cigarette plug doober. 5 minutes in the fuse blows. It took out my Lowrance so now my GPS track and the X is GONE. My backup to the backup is a little flashlight. I got two boats coming up behind me. Broke off my nav light on a tree limb. mad

All I could imagine was getting to my plan A spot and not having any GPS to get to plans B or C if I need to. Luckily got the spot. Had a great hunt, couple of 30 minute limits.

Getting that battery replaced today...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum