Texas Hunting Forum

2 Stains of Bird Flue Found in Northern Pintails just now

Posted By: Greekangler

2 Stains of Bird Flue Found in Northern Pintails just now - 12/17/14 05:34 PM

Washington- wow
Posted By: blackdog21

Re: 2 Stains of Bird Flue Found in Northern Pintails just now - 12/17/14 06:53 PM

Sounds like more of a threat to commercial poultry operations and not humans-- but interesting for sure. No mention of impact on the waterfowl.

Both US viruses were detected because of increased surveillance prompted by the Canadian H5N2 outbreaks. The USDA said neither virus has been found in any poultry in the United States.

In a "stakeholder announcement," the USDA said, "There is no immediate public health concern with either of these avian influenza viruses. Both H5N2 and H5N8 viruses have been found in other parts of the world and have not caused any human infection to date."
Posted By: Esh and Hattie

Re: 2 Stains of Bird Flue Found in Northern Pintails just now - 12/17/14 08:29 PM

What kind of a stain does bird flu make? Want to be on the lookout for sure.
Posted By: Kevin_M

Re: 2 Stains of Bird Flue Found in Northern Pintails just now - 12/17/14 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Esh and Hattie

roflmao

Great... while reading this I now have tea stains on my monitors and keyboard.
Posted By: Merican Duck Hunter

Re: 2 Stains of Bird Flue Found in Northern Pintails just now - 12/18/14 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Esh and Hattie
flush
Posted By: STX Waterfowler

Re: 2 Stains of Bird Flue Found in Northern Pintails just now - 12/18/14 06:19 AM

Whaaaat??
Posted By: aerangis

Re: 2 Stains of Bird Flue Found in Northern Pintails just now - 12/18/14 04:54 PM

There's pintails stains all over one of the spots I hunt. As well as mallard stains, and GW stains, and.....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum