Texas Hunting Forum

Hard times for benelli

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Hard times for benelli - 12/17/14 04:50 PM

So what do you do with a benelli in Stuttgart

Give it away..lol
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/17/14 05:33 PM

If I remember correctly, the Vinci is the least expensive Benelli they make. Not exactly a deal considering the cost of diamonds.

Posted By: fowlplayr

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/17/14 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: aerangis
If I remember correctly, the Vinci is the least expensive Benelli they make.
wtf

That would be a Nova.
Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/17/14 05:40 PM

looks to me like hard times for Wilkerson jewelers
Posted By: Guy

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/17/14 05:55 PM

It's just clever marketing bobo, Wilkerson targeting rednecks with high maintenance wives, Benelli gives wholesale discount to Wilkerson and their product is associated with quality, and I'm sure Wilkerson just jacks up their diamond price to cover cost of gun, redneck gets shotgun, high maintenance wife gets her diamond, win win for everyone...
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/17/14 06:15 PM

Isn't that a Nova anyway?
Posted By: Gdogg

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/17/14 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Guy
It's just clever marketing bobo, Wilkerson targeting rednecks with high maintenance wives, Benelli gives wholesale discount to Wilkerson and their product is associated with quality, and I'm sure Wilkerson just jacks up their diamond price to cover cost of gun, redneck gets shotgun, high maintenance wife gets her diamond, win win for everyone...

And the guy may get a little more than a shotgun....... wink
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/17/14 06:33 PM

^ bazinga

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/17/14 07:32 PM

Nope... Probably a certificate to a big retailer there, because they couldnt sale them and can't discount them due to map. Poor guys. Wive's just got suckered

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/17/14 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Nope... Probably a certificate to a big retailer there, because they couldnt sale them and can't discount them due to map. Poor guys. Wive's just got suckered

Another one set up on the tee but I won't bite.
Posted By: Jacob645

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/17/14 10:35 PM

Now that's a shotgun wedding...
Posted By: nacgoat08

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/17/14 11:00 PM

^^^ somebody had to say it haha
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/18/14 12:41 AM

Nothing is free unless you pay for it.
Posted By: WCI

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/18/14 01:15 AM

Heck I am a Wilkerson. No relation that I know of..
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/18/14 01:54 AM

Heading to Stuttgart, Arkansas for goose hunting in a month. Supposed to be good hunting.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/18/14 02:25 AM

I wonder what the in store details are???

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/18/14 02:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Gdogg

Chickennnnn
Posted By: PSE-Madman

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/18/14 04:21 AM

i wish the vinci was the cheap one.
Posted By: pervis

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/18/14 11:13 AM

Here's your arkansas geese

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/18/14 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Gdogg

Chickennnnn

roflmao

Being in Stuttgart, I wonder how many hunters actually pull the trigger on the diamond/Benelli combo?

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/18/14 05:04 PM

Depends on the rice crop..lol
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/18/14 09:59 PM

It seems like an ad that's using the Benelli name to sell an overpriced item is the exact opposite of what you were trying to go for with your original post here Clown.

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Marcstar
It seems like an ad that's using the Benelli name to sell an overpriced item is the exact opposite of what you were trying to go for with your original post here Clown.

Well mark I see your still waiting until everyone is done picking up deeks before you make it out there.

I'll humor you... Guns and diamonds actually don't have a very high mark ups compared to let's say your Drake gear. Your Drake gear is actually markup up 300%, or 100% from the retailer depending on how you want to look at it. But since your a numbers man, which is overpriced 20- 30% marked up diamond/gun vs 100% mark up on Drake shirt or jacket?

But ha I'm just a clown what do I know....

Just for giggles what do you think the Markup on your DU sticker was? Want to talk about over priced!!!
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 03:40 AM

Novas suck worse than 870s
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 03:56 AM

I killed a bunch of sprigs today in Throckmorton

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 04:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Hayraker
Novas suck worse than 870s

Thought Remington made benelli now? About same quality control on guns.

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 04:14 AM

Throckmorton Dollar General is giving away free 870s with every purchase of $25 or more

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 04:23 AM

Throckmorton Dollar General is giving away free 870s with every purchase of $25 or more

It's at the Alsups

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 11:03 AM

Allsups would never carry 870s

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Marcstar

Well mark I see your still waiting until everyone is done picking up deeks before you make it out there.

I'll humor you... Guns and diamonds actually don't have a very high mark ups compared to let's say your Drake gear. Your Drake gear is actually markup up 300%, or 100% from the retailer depending on how you want to look at it. But since your a numbers man, which is overpriced 20- 30% marked up diamond/gun vs 100% mark up on Drake shirt or jacket?

But ha I'm just a clown what do I know....

Just for giggles what do you think the Markup on your DU sticker was? Want to talk about over priced!!!

I would not know about the markup on drake stuff. All the drake stuff I own I won at a delta waterfowl event about 6 years ago except for one wader jacket my wife got for me. Other than waders I don't spend much on hunting clothing. I've actually won most of my hunting gear too. I have one small blind bag that I bought from a guy for $10 the other blind bags I've won. I think the last hunting specific clothing I actually bought was about two years ago at cabelas....they had some nice wool socks in the bargain cave.

As far mark ups on stickers I give money to many charities and some offer tokens of appreciation like stickers and such. So since they are not purchased but given away the mark up would come to 0. But all this talk about markup has what to do with any of this?

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 03:35 PM

I simply defined "overpriced" for you. confused2

More or less just showed you the real overpriced things are clothing and stickers.

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 05:29 PM

Oh...ok...I guess I said the diamonds are overpriced. Yeah I'll still stand behind that statement. Sure if are going by value and markup you would be correct but I was going by another definition. My definitions says that paying thousands for a tiny rock is a waste of money. Did you gather by now that I'm frugal (aka a cheap skate)? But I get that sometimes an item has value to others so when I asked my wife to marry me I cast aside my petty but prudent thriftiness for that one purchase. I damn sure didn't get a shotgun out of that deal. But my wife has bought me several guns over the years and the said Drake wader jacket so maybe it worked out.
Posted By: huntwest

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 05:38 PM

It is good marketing but Benelli isn't giving anybody a discount and I will bet that the gun is coming from Mack's on a deal they worked out with the jewelers. I've done many of these type programs over the years and they usually work very well for all of the parties involved.
And yes in Stuttgart this will sell some diamonds!

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 05:56 PM

Local car dealers have been "giving" guns, coolers, TVs away for years. Well not just local I guess. The way I look at it though is you pay for that "free" item.

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 06:04 PM

Wilkerson as been giving shotguns away as a promotion for years, this is nothing new.

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/19/14 06:05 PM

And apparently a very sucsessfull promotion.

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/20/14 03:12 AM

Wilkerson as been giving shotguns away as a promotion for years, this is nothing new.

Guy how do you know? you a winter resident of Stuttgart?

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder

Guy how do you know? you a winter resident of Stuttgart?

Do a google search and you will fine they have been running these promotions since 2011.

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 06:16 PM

Wow way back in 2011, man that was years ago

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 06:54 PM

Well how long did you think I meant when I said years, 10 years maybe? Promotions have start dates and end dates, and are short term in nature. If you call them to get details, the promotion probably ends in a month or so, maybe 3 months... At the end of the promotion period, Wilkerson evaluates to see if promotion hit target revenues or exceeded, if it does, they run it again, if not they pull it. So yeah, for a promotion to last this long, that is a very long time, and must be successful.. Redneck is fool for a shotgun I guess, keeps taking the bait. Nothing is for free.
Posted By: A.B.

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 09:25 PM

Well, at least it wasn't four years ago. grin

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 09:30 PM

My Question is why did you waste two minutes of your life you can never get back googling a cheap jewelry store in Stuttgart?

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 09:44 PM

My Question is why did you waste two minutes of your life you can never get back googling a cheap jewelry store in Stuttgart?

Just to spoon feed you bs and watch you gobble it up.

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 09:53 PM

No. Just made me think your some super creeper on Stuttgart is all

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 10:00 PM

No. Just made me think your some super creeper on Stuttgart is all

I could give a crap about Stuttgart, the redneck promotion I do find amusing.

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 10:02 PM

easy tiger!! No need to get all worked up

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 10:04 PM

Omg!!!

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 10:07 PM

Omg!!!

Meant to post this on the cowboy thread in OT! grin Boyz just scored TD, we killing the Colts!!

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 11:02 PM

I'll revisit this thread 4 years from now.

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 11:02 PM

easy tiger!! No need to get all worked up

On scale of 1 to 10 being worked up, maybe a 3. And cowboys just intercepted up 28 to nothing!!

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/21/14 11:05 PM

Well how long did you think I meant when I said years, 10 years maybe? .

You've got a point. This promotion has been going on for more years than some of these experts around here have hunted
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/22/14 12:25 AM

Cowboys won. smile
Posted By: A.B.

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/22/14 12:27 AM

I'll revisit this thread 4 years from now.

peep

Re: Hard times for benelli - 12/22/14 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Fooshman
Cowboys won. smile

Whooooeeeehooooo!!! grin cheers
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum