Texas Hunting Forum

Favorite waterfowl magazine

Posted By: BDB

Favorite waterfowl magazine - 12/16/14 12:53 AM

I'm new to duck hunting (buts its been a blast this first split!). Last night at the Barne's and noble book store I ran across American waterfowler magazine. Are there others out there?
Posted By: STX Waterfowler

Re: Favorite waterfowl magazine - 12/16/14 01:05 AM

Ducks unlimited magazine and Wildfowl is what I read. Wildfowl is awesome
Posted By: Merican Duck Hunter

Re: Favorite waterfowl magazine - 12/16/14 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: STX Waterfowler
Ducks unlimited magazine and Wildfowl is what I read. Wildfowl is awesome
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Favorite waterfowl magazine - 12/16/14 04:12 AM

up
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Favorite waterfowl magazine - 12/16/14 02:36 PM

You have to have a membership in DU for their magazine. Also the same thing for Delta's magazine.

It doesn't matter which one you get, the same writers sell their articles to all 4.
Posted By: Blue Moon

Re: Favorite waterfowl magazine - 12/16/14 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: BDB
I'm new to duck hunting (buts its been a blast this first split!). Last night at the Barne's and noble book store I ran across American waterfowler magazine. Are there others out there?

Welcome to the journey. DU and Delta are both worthy of your consideration and support but if you’re searching for waterfowl insight and inspiration, consider starting with Gordon MacQuarrie and Nash Buckingham. Their stories about The Old Duck Hunters and Beaver Dam Lake are legendary.

The waterfowl experience is well lived when it combines ancient traditions, a deep, appreciative understanding of waterfowl, conservation efforts and water dogs. If you’re really lucky your journey will include a yellow, black or chocolate dog at your feet while you’re reading about The Old Duck Hunters next to a crackling fire.

Blue Moon
Posted By: ChaseNTheHunt

Re: Favorite waterfowl magazine - 12/16/14 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueMoon
Originally Posted By: BDB

Welcome to the journey. DU and Delta are both worthy of your consideration and support but if you’re searching for waterfowl insight and inspiration, consider starting with Gordon MacQuarrie and Nash Buckingham. Their stories about The Old Duck Hunters and Beaver Dam Lake are legendary.

The waterfowl experience is well lived when it combines ancient traditions, a deep, appreciative understanding of waterfowl, conservation efforts and water dogs. If you’re really lucky your journey will include a yellow, black or chocolate dog at your feet while you’re reading about The Old Duck Hunters next to a crackling fire.

Blue Moon
up well said sir
Posted By: nacgoat08

Re: Favorite waterfowl magazine - 12/16/14 09:36 PM

DU only because of the Marsh Watch segment each month!
Posted By: Fowlman

Re: Favorite waterfowl magazine - 12/17/14 12:55 AM

DU up
Posted By: Charlie817

Re: Favorite waterfowl magazine - 12/17/14 10:04 AM

Hi Guys,
How many times a year does DU mail the magazine? I joined and received the membership card and gift, but only one magazine so far. It's been a couple of months, do they mail quarterly? Thanks, and good luck to ya'll on the second split!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum