Texas Hunting Forum

Sunday morning

Posted By: Erichugh22

Sunday morning - 12/08/14 03:57 PM

Sucked, saw a total of two ducks. We need some cold weather before the season opens again

Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Sunday morning - 12/08/14 03:58 PM

At least you also shot those two ducks

Re: Sunday morning - 12/08/14 04:07 PM

This is true. Better than nothing
Posted By: Greekangler

Re: Sunday morning - 12/09/14 04:26 AM

I have the same wagon. Pretty sweet

Re: Sunday morning - 12/09/14 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Greekangler
I have the same wagon. Pretty sweet

It was my first time using it, it hauled 2 dozen decoys perfectly. Didn't have any problems going over grass or through mud. I liked it.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Sunday morning - 12/09/14 01:49 PM

I have learned if you rely on numbers to gauge whether you had a good hunt or not, you will most likely be disappointed quite a bit. I had one of the better hunts this last Sunday and our take was only 4 birds. The weekend before that was awesome with two limits of greenheads and woodies. It was a fantastic hunt as well. You see I wasnt even supposed to be there at the duck lease. My Dr. said "No effin way, you need to rest". I replied to myself "Yes effin way, I am going". So I spent the morning drinking percolated coffee in my blind with two of my dogs and a friend of mine. He is on the deer lease side of things up there. The whole picture is what I went up there to see, not just a corner of it. When you get a little older and you get a ticker scare, the number of ducks on a strap won't matter near as much as the number of trips you got left.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Sunday morning - 12/09/14 02:20 PM

^ up
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Sunday morning - 12/09/14 10:17 PM

We didn't see a duck Sunday till we got back to town at a city park....... had to check it out to make sure they didn't migrate back north.
It's not always the killing part of it. I got to tease a work buddy all day about his duck less lease
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum