Texas Hunting Forum

Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts

Posted By: texashunter16

Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 05:04 PM

been a slow year so far. anyone having luck? last time I went out it sounded like they were giving duck calling lessons. other hunters were so close that any bird trying to work our decoys would be spooked away by other hunters shooting. Lots of selfish hunter out there
Posted By: kdub

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 05:15 PM

I shoot limits every time up in the sanctuary.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: texashunter16
been a slow year so far. anyone having luck? last time I went out it sounded like they were giving duck calling lessons. other hunters were so close that any bird trying to work our decoys would be spooked away by other hunters shooting. Lots of selfish hunter out there

Hunters are known to be extremely selfish, especially in texas where there are soo many hunters. Inviting people on the land you secured to later find out he is trying to steal it from you and denying everything...i have seen it all!
I met some classics here. I just came back from illinois and saw 2 guys having a fistfight at the boatramp.
It was funny. All this to kill a duck. As i drove by i honked and pulled my middle finger through the roof.
You should have seen there faces. Its not all guts and glory and its getting worse by the day.
Posted By: Familyman

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 05:27 PM

I agree, just stay in the upper NW corner of the lake and you'll do GREAT!!!
Posted By: CinchMan

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 05:29 PM

I'm going to assume that the "16" in your name is either your age or graduation year and you probably don't know that lake naming is a big no no on Internet forums. Lots of internet scouts are always looking for more lakes to hunt and by you naming one, even if it was a negative post about it, will draw more attention to it from other hunters, which it sounds like you don't need more company out there than what you have.

Welcome to the forum!
Posted By: mohunter

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe

Hunters are known to be extremely selfish, especially in texas where there are soo many hunters.
I met some classics here. I just came back from illinois and saw 2 guys having a fistfight at the boatramp.
It was funny. All this to kill a duck. [color:#FFFF00]As i drove by i honked and pulled my middle finger through the roof.
Hicks!

[/color]Beaver, sounds like you are just as "classy" as them, should have invited them to shoot on one of your private ponds.[color:#FFFF00][/color]
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 05:36 PM

All rise!
Case: beaver vs state of illinois

Beaver: I just pulled my finger through the roof to check where the wind was coming from confused2

Case dismissed.
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 05:44 PM

^ lol
Posted By: Carter Tinsley

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 05:47 PM

79 views in 6 minutes. 280 people perusing this section. You hate sky blasting duck commanders around your spots? This thread will not solve your problems.
Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
As i drove by i honked and pulled my middle finger through the roof.
You should have seen there faces. Its not all guts and glory and its getting worse by the day.

greatness Beav roflmao
Posted By: 68A

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 05:53 PM

Hell of a first post!
Posted By: Dfwguy

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: 68A
Hell of a first post!

hammer
Posted By: bhunter

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 06:30 PM

Yall suck, that's the best flame job you can do, I'm never coming back to this section again!!!!!
Posted By: TF Panther

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 07:18 PM

I hate lake namers because with the invention of the Internet all public lakes are a greatly guarded secrets. By trashing lake namer's we probaly prevent 3, heck maybe even 4 people from these secret places. Keep up the good work........it's next to godliness.
Posted By: kdub

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 07:20 PM

Lake Louirayhubaquilrobervon is where it's at.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: 68A
Hell of a first post!

troll
Posted By: TF Panther

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 07:23 PM

You forgot forkawakonikaffemill lake. aim
Posted By: Lab

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 07:54 PM

All I have to say is, If you do your time and homework it will pay off for you. Ive been having awesome luck this year but I spend all week everyday after work scouting and finding new spots. If I find a spot that has birds but has a blind I move on and find a new spot because I don't want to hunt near anyone.

And I noticed that you said other duck hunters were close, one question is why did you set up by them? why didn't you move on to another spot. I have multiple places I have picked out. If there is someone in the back of the cove you are hunting you don't need to set up in the same cove. I was in the back of a cove over thanksgiving break, noticed that I have 2 other groups come in after me and set up farther outside of the main lake. THAT IS PART OF PUBLIC HUNTING. But the good thing about those days were that we got a 3 man limit and everyone else I talked to killed 2-5 birds out of the group.

Just spend your time in the woods like everyone else and it will pay off for you. But that's just me. confused2

Good luck on your hunts.

P.S. Lake naming is a BIG NO NO!!!!
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Duck hunting lake Ray Roberts - 12/03/14 07:56 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum