Texas Hunting Forum

Where to stay around Matagorda

Posted By: BULSPRG

Where to stay around Matagorda - 11/20/14 01:34 AM

Guys, My boys and I are heading down to the gulf next weekend to hunt and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a place to stay around Matagorda. Thanks!
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Where to stay around Matagorda - 11/20/14 10:54 AM

Matagorda what, bay, island or city?
Posted By: BULSPRG

Re: Where to stay around Matagorda - 11/20/14 12:40 PM

In the city.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Where to stay around Matagorda - 11/20/14 02:50 PM

979-863-0000 Fisherman's Motel right on hwy 60. I slung a U-joint as I pulled into that hotel about 10 years ago. The next morning we were still unable to locate a tow truck that could haul us to Bay City. We walked to the Shell Station for coffee and on the way found most of the U-joint parts along the road. We bought a roll of duct tape and I had a baby sledge and some used electric fence wire in the truck. We literally put it back and held it in place with duct tape and fence wire. We drove my truck and boat from Matagorda all the way to Bay City at 36 miles per hour. For whatever reason 36 mph was the sweet spot. Anymore and it would vibrate like the truck was coming apart. We went to the dealer and told them I needed a U-joint. We didn't tell them what we had done. My brother and I watched as they lifted it up on the lift. The guy started laughing and hollared for the rest of the shop to come look what these two D bag rednecks did.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum