Texas Hunting Forum

Hope the rain holds off tomorrow...

Posted By: john paul

Hope the rain holds off tomorrow... - 11/16/14 01:05 AM

Last 2 days have been great. We hunted our friends marsh Friday and my families reservoir today. We had 4 limits Friday and 6 limits today. We killed 5 mallards in our reservoir this morning which is strange to say the least, especially this early in the season. I've been hunting it since I could shoulder a shotgun and have never killed one in there. Hopefully the rain will hold off so we can go kill some more in the morning!

Friday

Saturday

Posted By: BadLander

Re: Hope the rain holds off tomorrow... - 11/16/14 01:23 AM

Freaking hammered them!!!!
Posted By: Ol_Yeller

Re: Hope the rain holds off tomorrow... - 11/16/14 01:25 AM

Woodie seems strange for marsh area, you get many? Nice shoots!
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Hope the rain holds off tomorrow... - 11/16/14 01:25 AM

RPP

Re: Hope the rain holds off tomorrow... - 11/16/14 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Ol_Yeller
Woodie seems strange for marsh area, you get many? Nice shoots!

Not usually but it seems like everyone down here is killing a lot more this year. I have seen at least a couple groups every hunt this year.

The duck hunting is better down here right now than I can ever remember it being. As long as it isn't a frog strangler in the morning were gonna go try and kill em! up
Posted By: garrett

Re: Hope the rain holds off tomorrow... - 11/16/14 01:46 AM

Nice shoot, be sure to wear your gloves in the morning
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Hope the rain holds off tomorrow... - 11/16/14 04:09 AM

Good luck.

Re: Hope the rain holds off tomorrow... - 11/16/14 10:56 PM

Well the rain held off for a little bit this morning. We got about 30 minutes of shooting with no rain and shot ten between 3 of us. spoonies, teal, and 1 gray duck. Once the heavy rain started back up the birds quit flying. It was a miserable hunt. Humid, hot, and mosquitoes so thick you could barely breath. Wish I could hunt Tuesday morning! bang
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum