Texas Hunting Forum

What wonderduck to buy

Posted By: PSE-Madman

What wonderduck to buy - 11/13/14 04:11 AM

So for a little while I've been convinced that the wonder duck is probably more effective than a mojo. I have a Mojo that I use when the time is right but I'm thinking about purchasing a wonder duck. The majority of the ducks that we see here in the area that I hunt our gadwall's. Who has experience with these wonder ducks to let me know which one is the most effective.

My initial thought is to get the feeder duck with the low RPM motor. I just do not see the tornado ones that spin 1000 miles an hour being realistic to a duck as they are about to commit to my set up. Do I need one that spins circles ?

I hunt mostly private land over stock tanks. Can someone shed some light on their experience with this product and what you feel is the best option?
Posted By: Carter Tinsley

Re: What wonderduck to buy - 11/13/14 04:17 AM

I've got a gadwall on order with the 550rpm forward rotating motors. I like the wide sweeping turns rather than the rapid spinning. Hopefully the patos will agree. Should be here Friday or Monday. Took about two weeks lead time just FYI.
Posted By: PSE-Madman

Re: What wonderduck to buy - 11/13/14 04:23 AM

Where did you order? I do not know of any local retailers in the north DFW area
Posted By: drakedoctor

Re: What wonderduck to buy - 11/13/14 04:56 AM

I prefer the low rpm motors and I would go with a feeder butt mallard hen. I've been using WD for over 10 years now and haven't used a mojo in longer than that. WD is the way to go in my opinion.
Posted By: Carter Tinsley

Re: What wonderduck to buy - 11/13/14 03:57 PM

Ordered direct from wonderduck.
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: What wonderduck to buy - 11/13/14 04:13 PM

Im going play the part of the typical THF cheapskate

" Just get a jerk cord its all you need "
Posted By: wal1809

Re: What wonderduck to buy - 11/13/14 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder

Dam n it all Jeff. You're too fast today.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: What wonderduck to buy - 11/13/14 07:27 PM

Great idea, poor product. Motors constantly burn up. If it's 32 degrees or colder they are gonna freeze up and lay over. Legs fall off.

I've got 4 in the shed may be able to piece together 2 working units if I tried real hard.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: What wonderduck to buy - 11/13/14 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder

I'm gonna go with the THF semi-cheapskate and say "build one yourself"
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum