Texas Hunting Forum

I Should Be There

Posted By: Streater

I Should Be There - 11/12/14 12:36 PM

I should be in the duck blind right now, but I got scared of a little wind. A square stern canoe with a 10 hp motor is perfectly safe on a big lake in 20mph winds! What was I thinking!
Posted By: Charlie817

Re: I Should Be There - 11/12/14 01:20 PM

A lot of times that 6th sense could save a lot of grief. confused2
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: I Should Be There - 11/12/14 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Streater
I should be in the duck blind right now

yep.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: I Should Be There - 11/12/14 05:40 PM

U could be floating buttcheekes up in the lake too
Posted By: Sooner N TX

Re: I Should Be There - 11/12/14 09:16 PM

Why worry about wind?confused2 It was blowing just as hard yesterday and I walked in just fine... walking texas
Posted By: duck slayer13

Re: I Should Be There - 11/12/14 09:42 PM

Yep I agree with Sooner N TX. The wind did not bother my walk in at all and also made the ducks this morning decoy great and came away with a 3 man limit of big ducks.

Re: I Should Be There - 11/12/14 09:49 PM

Back surgery took care of my walking in days.

Re: I Should Be There - 11/12/14 10:04 PM

Streater Im about to be in the same boat with ya!! Im 33 and have degenerative disc disease and am having to get surgery in January.

Re: I Should Be There - 11/12/14 10:33 PM

duck, I had a 360 fusion at L5 in 2012. I was 38 and had lived with back pain for almost 10 years. The surgery was a success, and I am back to about 95%. I didn't understand how bad my back was injured until everything stopped hurting! Modern medicine is incredible. Don't be scared. It just hurts like hell for about a week.

I don't mind the walk. I love to walk, actually. I just don't want to risk a fall with 50lbs of gear on my back, in the dark, 1-3 miles from my vehicle.

Re: I Should Be There - 11/12/14 10:44 PM

Mine is L5 as well with bone spurs and no disk left and sitting on my sciatic nerve roots. I am glad to hear from another person that the surgery was a success.

Re: I Should Be There - 11/13/14 11:32 AM

L5/S1. Good thing you are doing it in the winter. That back brace sucks in the Texas summer. The painkillers were the worst part. You'll want to wean off those things 2 weeks after your surgery.
Posted By: Sooner N TX

Re: I Should Be There - 11/13/14 03:11 PM

I drag a sled, so no worry about the falling with gear. But I can see how dragging a sled might actually be worse on the back then carrying a back-pack. Its all about balance.

I did have a buddy that tried using a hand-cart dolly. He changed out the axle and put on over-sized balloon tires. Wasn't the worst idea ever.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum