Texas Hunting Forum

some good news!!

Posted By: Erichugh22

some good news!! - 11/10/14 02:41 AM

This cold front brought tens of thousands of birds with it. This morning i hunted a decent sized stock tank thats been holding a lot of birds lately. My first shot at daylight was on a group of about a dozen greaters, first shot my gun screwed all up, popped some feathers out of the lead bird and they left. For the next hour I tried taking a part my gun to fix it with no tools, lost a pin and has to jerry rig it with a stick to hold the trigger assembly in. Didn't work to well. Got off one more shot on a mallard and it broke again so I headed back home to fix it. It's been snowing here since 10 yesterday evening. Did some scouting around lunch time and found thousands of geese in the fields and along the river. We also saw a flock of geese migrating up high that flew in a Constant stream for over an hour. We set up on an island in the yellowstone river, had several big flocks of mallards give us looks but wouldn't commit. I even had a big flock of pintails work the decoys too, I was suprised to still have those up this far north. We had no shot at the canada geese, there was a field about 200 yards from us that was holding at least 5 thousand birds, and that's being conservative on the number. Today around 9 am the geese were all hitting the river so we have a good spot picked out for tomorrow morning. Hopefully we can connect with a few. Yall should be seeing a big push of birds down there soon.

Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: some good news!! - 11/10/14 03:07 AM

Looks cold
Posted By: phat694

Re: some good news!! - 11/10/14 03:12 AM

Looks awesome!
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: some good news!! - 11/10/14 10:58 AM

Looks cold and awesome
Posted By: _Scooter_

Re: some good news!! - 11/10/14 11:51 AM

Looks like a Remington... I miss hunting ducks and geese up north when I see that snow
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: some good news!! - 11/10/14 03:05 PM

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-winter/winter-storm-astro-snow-forecast-midwest-20141109

Talking about sub zero temps in the Dakotas.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum