Texas Hunting Forum

Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking

Posted By: tthame1

Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/08/14 02:32 PM

Have any of you guys had trouble with a Quack Shack Outlaw double reed call sticking? Any suggestions to help with the issue? Mine is driving me nuts.
Posted By: David Crockett

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/08/14 02:37 PM

From what I've read on the internet, they aren't very good calls. When I start calling, I'm gonna go with RNT.
Posted By: Featherduster

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/08/14 06:12 PM

Mine has stuck from time to time. Usually when it's darn cold and it sits overnight full of spit. After it's clean it's alright and doesn't stick anymore
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/08/14 10:50 PM

Mine rides with my Daisy Cutter and has never stuck.
Posted By: duckman10

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/08/14 10:57 PM

I hit all my tone boards with a finger nail file. Stops them from sticking.
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 12:19 AM

Mine sticks when I really need it.

Other than that I like it
Posted By: kellygunner

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: David Crockett
From what I've read on the internet, they aren't very good calls. When I start calling, I'm gonna go with RNT.

Be nice please.

Kelly

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: kellygunner

Be nice please.

Kelly

??? I'm not following.
Posted By: duckboogieman

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 02:37 AM

Be nice please.

Kelly

??? I'm not following.

What Kelly was try to say nicely was, don't spread conjecture regarding a product you clearly have no first hand knowledge of.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 03:39 AM

I only blow single reed

bolt
Posted By: WhiskeyandMe

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
I only blow single reed bolt

I didn't even know you knew how to run a duck call?

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: duckboogieman

Be nice please.

Kelly

??? I'm not following.

What Kelly was try to say nicely was, don't spread conjecture regarding a product you clearly have no first hand knowledge of.

I'm not allowed to post my opinion? What is this, Nazi Germany? I clearly prefaced my statement with "From what I've read on the internet", meaning that I am commenting on the research I have done. I also stated that I would personally be going with RNT calls when I start getting into calling. How is ANY of that "not nice"? You know where you can put your attitude. I can state my opinion all I want. I know my rights!
Posted By: thirdcoastfisher

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 03:48 PM

I've never had any problems with mine, but if you call or e-mail Scott I'm sure he'll get you fixed up right. My roommate had to get his re-tuned and Scott dropped it off for him afterwards because he knew he needed it for a hunt that weekend.

Also, David Crockett you don't call... So forgive me if I take your "internet research" with a grain of salt. Enjoy your RNT and I'll enjoy stacking em up with my quack shack.

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: WhiskeyandMe
I only blow single reed bolt

I didn't even know you knew how to run a duck call?

If only you would let me.
Double reeds are for beginners and belong in the arkansas timber.

eeks333

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: thirdcoastfisher
I've never had any problems with mine, but if you call or e-mail Scott I'm sure he'll get you fixed up right. My roommate had to get his re-tuned and Scott dropped it off for him afterwards because he knew he needed it for a hunt that weekend.

Also, David Crockett you don't call... So forgive me if I take your "internet research" with a grain of salt. Enjoy your RNT and I'll enjoy stacking em up with my quack shack.

Right. Because the internet isn't full of real people with real experiences. It should be discounted completely. confused2
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 03:56 PM

Send it back I'm sure they will fix it or send you a new call
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 04:01 PM

RNT is a good option David. You're research seems pretty good on that.

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Hayraker

*Your

Yeah, from what I can tell, RNT is what all the pros use. Everything else is bush league.

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 04:05 PM

So much aggression on the threads lately.
Think lots of people are suffering from

"No ducks syndrome"

Hopefully this coldfront will put an end to this contagious disease

J wiz bang

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 04:08 PM

So much aggression on the threads lately.
Think lots of people are suffering from

"No ducks syndrome"

Hopefully this coldfront will put an end to this contagious disease

J wiz bang

How is the cold front going to help? Didn't you yourself JUST post a graphic showing the wind is blowing South-to-North?

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 04:11 PM

spam

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 04:15 PM

spam

What am I spamming? YOU posted THIS. http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...mig#Post5407767

That's what I am referring to. Southerly wind. So how are the ducks going to get here? Fly against all that wind?

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 04:16 PM

yawn

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 04:20 PM

Yawning is a sign of submission in dogs.
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Hayraker

*Your

Yeah, from what I can tell, RNT is what all the pros use. Everything else is bush league.

I can't believe you went their
Posted By: LuckyDucker

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 05:51 PM

I'll be completely discounting your opinion on calls just based on your guide "research" and subsequent selection. eek2 popcorn

I like my Quack Shack call. Scott is good people and will take care of any problems.
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 07:58 PM

Scott is a great guy and I have never had a problem with my Quack Shack calls. They are very good calls.

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/09/14 08:02 PM

banana
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 01:22 AM

Buy a custom call, no commercial call will be a perfect fit for every duck hunter. Every caller has his/her own idiosyncrasies of using a call. It's impossible to make a "one size fits" all call, close but not a perfect fit.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 01:30 PM

I have never met the guy at quack shack. I don't believe it is right to pass on "I have heard it on the internet information" when you have never picked up his call or run his call. The guy has carved out a business in a era where government aint friendly to small business. He deserves reports on first hand research. Making one tone board to fit the general public isn't easy, actually impossible.
Posted By: LuckyDucker

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: wal1809
I have never met the guy at quack shack. I don't believe it is right to pass on "I have heard it on the internet information" when you have never picked up his call or run his call. The guy has carved out a business in a era where government aint friendly to small business. He deserves reports on first hand research. Making one tone board to fit the general public isn't easy, actually impossible.

What, you don't think information from someone that hasn't hunted since he was 7 and doesn't even own a call yet, is creditable information? I mean, it's on the internets...

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 02:09 PM

So if I read a bunch of reviews on the internet, how is that NOT reports on first hand research? The reviews on the internet = first hand accounts.

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 04:21 PM

Please don't make us hit the Re-F-tard button on you by making my statement anything more than what is was intended. It was intended to give respect to a guy whom has put his heart and soul into a company, not to offend you in anyway shape or form. So nicely I will explain, "First hand" means you yourself have actually had an experience with the call. Example, you bought one and used it and had a good or bad experience. That is called "First hand". When you pass along that information to someone who has never had that experience, it then becomes "Second hand" information. Someone else developed the "First hand" information and sent the information to you, via internet in your case, it then became "Second hand".
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 04:27 PM

So if I read a bunch of reviews on the internet, how is that NOT reports on first hand research? The reviews on the internet = first hand accounts.

No sir, that would be second-hand. Like doing research on wikipedia.

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 04:28 PM

I have read a bunch of stuff on the internet about Star Wars but that does not mean I can skin a deer with a light saber. First hand knowledge is key. Until you have actually blown a duck call and had a little instruction you are not going to win this argument.

Best bet go buy a Duck Call with an instructional DVD and learn a few basic calls. Also, take that call hunting with you and have your guide help you learn how and when to use it. Most likely he can tune the sound board a little for you as well. Then after you have hunted a little bit try to find one that really works well for you. What works best for me may not work for you and vice versa. Internet research is just that a bunch of opinions from guy who jump shoot ducks on ponds and have not killed a duck except for that one time with their dad when they were still in elementary school.

There is a lot of good Texas Duck Hunting knowledge on this forum. This is one of the best place to gain that knowledge. I would use it instead of fighting it. Most of the guys here hunt quite a bit. Lots of real world good info...

Good luck and happy duck hunting.

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 04:39 PM

Davy Crocket look at it this way. Put yourself in Quack Shacks shoes. He probably started off just like every call amker out there. He bought a lathe because he loves duck hunting and wanted to go to the next phase of the art of calling ducks, that is making the duck calls. So he got good at it and continued to grow a business and became somewhat popular as a call maker. Would you like it if people were reopeating things they didn't specifically know to be true or not true? Probably not. I know I wouldn't. The quack shack guy is technically my competition so I have no affiliation with him. When I say competition I should clarify, he sells calls and so do I. I am in no way reffering to the amount of calls or reffering to even hindering his sales. When I posted, I was merely pointing out how hard it is to make a call that would satisfy everyone. Truly it is impossible.
Posted By: john paul

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 04:39 PM

troll

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: john paul
troll

I didn't realize he was a troll. I haven't been on here long enough to identify ttrolls ect. Thank you my man. Are yall up north yet.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 04:43 PM

Totally agree with wal, except from what I've heard the quack shack guy doesn't know anything about lathes
Posted By: john paul

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 04:50 PM

troll

I didn't realize he was a troll. I haven't been on here long enough to identify ttrolls ect. Thank you my man. Are yall up north yet.

We leave November 26th, pit stop in Oklahoma for some greenheads and Thanksgiving and then on to Lubbock for two months..

I thought the off season went by slow but I have a feeling these next 2 1/2 weeks are going to feel like an eternity!

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 04:53 PM

troll

http://www.theguardian.com/science/head-...eal-life-trolls
Posted By: A.B.

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Ramball36
Totally agree with wal, except from what I've heard the quack shack guy doesn't know anything about lathes

You be lying on the man. He lathed mine up special for me.

Scott is a great guy and the calls are more than adequate.

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 07:00 PM

Sorry brahma, I was recently told by someone pretty close to the company that they hired out all their stuff to a guy somewhere else

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 09:00 PM

Sorry brahma, I was recently told by someone pretty close to the company that they hired out all their stuff to a guy somewhere else

I feel so cheated.

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 09:25 PM

I wish I would've just seen it on the Internet, then you'd have the benefit of the doubt! I still think it's a good call though
Posted By: B Razorback

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 10:44 PM

I love my quack shack call and I feel more than comfortable calling scott and meeting with him to fix my call if I need something fixed. Whenever my call sticks, I usually just clean all the spit out of the call and get right back to calling. Most of the time it is just really cold and I cant feel my face. I can call good but my spit is everywhere lol
Posted By: B Razorback

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 10:45 PM

Do you mean that Scott hired out the company to some one else? I'm confused here

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 10:47 PM

I wish I would've just seen it on the Internet, then you'd have the benefit of the doubt! I still think it's a good call though

It better be, you and the radio guy recommended them to me................. cheers
Posted By: Beretta

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/10/14 11:55 PM

Put rain X or lip balm on your reeds and it will keep them from sticking
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/11/14 12:31 AM

Did you take your reeds out and mess wih them? Might be in upside down. I've seen guys buy RNT's that they said were sticking and first thing I did was check reeds and they were in upside down. Take reed and spin it on glass table. If it spins it's right side up, if it won't spin it's upside down. May just be the problem

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/11/14 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Did you take your reeds out and mess wih them? Might be in upside down. I've seen guys buy RNT's that they said were sticking and first thing I did was check reeds and they were in upside down. Take reed and spin it on glass table. If it spins it's right side up, if it won't spin it's upside down. May just be the problem

Its funny you say that Jeff. After yall left i found the reed was upside down in that red call that kept hanging up.

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/11/14 03:15 PM

That is real good advice. Thanks...

I had my Hobo upside down.

Thanks alot, great information.
Posted By: MoBettaHuntR

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/11/14 04:14 PM

troll

http://www.theguardian.com/science/head-...eal-life-trolls

Interesting….

I think Mr. Jeff ended this one with a good piece of info from FIRST HAND research hunting
Posted By: tthame1

Re: Quack Shack Outlaw Sticking - 11/14/14 05:46 PM

I double checked that the reeds were in correctly (and they were), but I swapped them out for a new set and that seems to have resolved the issue.

Also, for all of the other posts regarding Quackshack, I do love the call. It sounds great and is easy to blow.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum