Texas Hunting Forum

***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain *DELETED*

Posted By: little minnow

***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain *DELETED* - 11/07/08 08:42 PM

Post deleted by little minnow

Posted By: Team Hillbilly

Re: ***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain - 11/07/08 08:48 PM

Are there any ducks ??? Do you need a lake permit for hunting??

Re: ***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain - 11/07/08 08:56 PM

Team,

I will be honest with you....I am not a duck hunter (lowering head in shame). I have the camp and the marina just to the south and all I can say is that every year the duck hunters come out to launch. The camp is new to us this year so it is the first time we can offer a place to stay. Before all we had was the marina with the launch. You do not have to have a lake stamp, just your hunting license and duck stamp. Again...I assume if there were no ducks here no one would come. I do know that all of the hunting is to the north end of the lake...partly because the south end is more heavily populated. Hope this helps.

Posted By: R.G.C.

Re: ***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain *DELETED* - 11/07/08 10:51 PM

Post deleted by R.G.C.

Posted By: Perkjerker

Re: ***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain - 11/07/08 11:10 PM

Sounds like a heck of to me.

Re: ***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain - 11/07/08 11:11 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a heck of to me.

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: ***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain - 11/07/08 11:52 PM

Even I feel your pain RGC and respectfully to you would not have mentioned that one on here. Hard for anyone to jump him on this one though. He has a thread on the fishing forum asking for help with ideas to keep his business going during the slow season. Can't fault him for that. The economy is going to get worse before it gets better. And I suppose he is protected by forum rule #11 same as the guides.

I will applaud him for one thing. I tried to arrange a similar type hunt on another lake at a marina with cabins where I could dock my boat and do exactly as little minnow is offering. Then the whole plan was shot down because the owner did not allow firearms on the property in any form, be it hunters using the private ramp, at the cabins, or concealed carry. So I do applaud him to being open to catering to hunters (who have guns) even if the hunting is only iffy at best there.

Re: ***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain - 11/07/08 11:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

TH the lake is very low right now and hardly any ducks mostly park ducks. As for permits you have to contact the controling authurity to get all the regs for this lake. Little minnow I could strangle you right now for this post but I understand you are just trying to advertise your cabins.

Okay Who is the controling authurity??? To get all the regs for this lake. Never been there, just thought maybe I'd take the wife up that way. Didn't mean to upset your apple cart, over this

Re: ***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain - 11/08/08 12:05 AM

Call me and I will help you out. Might even get a little tree rat hunting in with it.
I am not busy right now. So don't take to long.

Posted By: Guy

Re: ***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain - 11/08/08 12:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

TH the lake is very low right now and hardly any ducks mostly park ducks. As for permits you have to contact the controling authurity to get all the regs for this lake. Little minnow I could strangle you right now for this post but I understand you are just trying to advertise your cabins.

Okay Who is the controling authurity??? To get all the regs for this lake. Never been there, just thought maybe I'd take the wife up that way. Didn't mean to upset your apple cart, over this

For gosh sakes hillbilly why do want to go anywhere near a metromess lake!

Re: ***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain - 11/08/08 12:50 AM

Wife has a training class at the SFW Office in Dec.

Re: ***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain - 11/08/08 02:42 AM

Sorry Hillbilly, just trying to keep business going during the slow months.

I missed what RGC said, but I hope I have not upset anyone with my post here. I am on the fishing forum more then here and am not as familiar. If I upset someone I apologize.

Thanks for the kind words Sniper. I hope some of you guys are able to make it out.

The governing body on this lake is the Tarrant Regional Water District. www.trwd.com

Posted By: Sethfish

Re: ***Duck Hunter Special*** Cabin Rentals on Eagle Mountain - 11/08/08 04:57 AM

you should bait out the shallows and then invite all the guys in the rough fish section of the fishing forum to a bowfishing tournament

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum