Texas Hunting Forum

New Shotgun

Posted By: txbowhunt7

New Shotgun - 12/26/12 06:04 AM

Got my girlfriend a new Weatherby SA-08 20 gauge youth model for Christmas. Can't wait to take her out for a duck smackin'
Posted By: chilled shot

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 06:14 AM

Nice!!
Posted By: cannon88

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 06:42 AM

Originally Posted By: chilled shot
Nice!!

Agreed. The shotgun aint bad either. laugh
Posted By: BigAL33

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: cannon88
Originally Posted By: chilled shot
Nice!!

Agreed. The shotgun aint bad either. laugh

+1

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 02:00 PM

I think I'm outchicked
Posted By: 940AC

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: txbowhunt7
I think I'm outchicked

LOL!
Out kicked your coverage didn't ya?

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 03:10 PM

Ha I guess so. Next challenge is just getting her used to the cold. Took her out last week after that front and she stayed bundled up instead of shooting!
Posted By: DucksnDiesel

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 03:21 PM

The biggest mistake guys make is they give their wife (or girlfriend) the old hand-me-downs or youth sized camo clothing that fits poorly and isnt warm or waterproof. Get them properly fitting gear in womens sizes and then they will stay warm and everyone will be happier. Dont skimp on the boots, waders, or gloves either.

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 03:25 PM

Bought her all new stuff during the split as part of her Christmas. New waders, camo coveralls, under armor layers, fleece pullover, thick parka, and gloves. She's just a wimp when it's cold lol. I told her it just takes some getting used to
Posted By: tuf-duc

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: txbowhunt7
Bought her all new stuff during the split as part of her Christmas. New waders, camo coveralls, under armor layers, fleece pullover, thick parka, and gloves. She's just a wimp when it's cold lol. I told her it just takes some getting used to

And women think we don't know what to get them for Christmas!

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 04:48 PM

Ha exactly! I told her if she wants to start duck hunting then she has to do it right. She's a deer hunter but she saw how much I love blasting birds and decided to take it up
Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 05:04 PM

Good Job...
Posted By: Super90

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: DucksnDiesel
The biggest mistake guys make is they give their wife (or girlfriend) the old hand-me-downs or youth sized camo clothing that fits poorly and isnt warm or waterproof. Get them properly fitting gear in womens sizes and then they will stay warm and everyone will be happier. Dont skimp on the boots, waders, or gloves either.

Same is true with the kiddos. I'm a big fan in getting them outfitted correctly and have it be a positive experience. When they are warm, dry and happy, so am I. Also, lots of hot drinks and snacks !! Get a good thermos, and a big one at that, and fill it up and keep the hot drinks flowing. We start filling the belly on the way to the blind. As soon as they even start to say they are getting cold, we might take a break and let them start moving around to keep the blood flowing. Usually buys me another 45 minutes to an hour.

Great stuff ! You're a lucky fellow.
Posted By: fisher6688

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 07:00 PM

up
Posted By: Skilletshot

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 08:09 PM

I got my son one of those last year! "the gun". Its been a great gun. She will enjoy. Make sure and break it in with a box of heavy shells before going hunting.
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Nathan Nelson
Good Job...

Re: New Shotgun - 12/26/12 11:29 PM

We're going skeet shooting Saturday to break it in
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum