Texas Hunting Forum

Federal Stamp

Posted By: masagaut

Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 04:19 PM

Does anyone know who to contact if you don't receive your duck stamp in the mail? Got my license two months ago and all my buddies already have theirs after purchasing two weeks prior. Anyone else had this problem.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 04:29 PM

I bought a stamp last year through the online website and never received it. Finally had to go to the post office to get mine.

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 04:32 PM

That ain't worth a chit...I got mine really fast last year. I think I had it in a week.
Posted By: HOU Razorback

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 04:40 PM

Call Austin and ask them.
Posted By: Aggieduck

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 04:42 PM

They had a lot of that same problem last year. Call Austin
Posted By: stexas7

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 05:00 PM

I got mine and my girlfriends at the same time. I received mine about 2 weeks later and she got hers about a month later...at least we got them though
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 05:05 PM

Is your address correct on your DL...I think that's the address they go by. I get mine at the parks office and they always ask if that address is up to date but if you go to Walmart or whatever they might not ask as many questions.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 05:10 PM

Two things I've been impressed by the speed I get my duck stamp and new hunter ed card.

If TPWD does something right its the lost Hunter ed card process...

Who ever is in charge of that program...he or she needs a raise...and should run other programs also...hell maybe even run the entire USPS!!!
Posted By: kyotee1

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 05:15 PM

The Federal Duck stamp is out of TPWD hands; the USFWS contracted with an individual company to mail out their federal duck stamps.

The physical Federal Duck stamp is mailed to you by the vendor, Amplex Corporation. Please contact Amplex Corporation at (800) 852-4897 for the status of your Federal Duck stamp.

It is always best to purchase it from the Post Office, just call the PO before going to make sure they handle them, not all Post offices due, even in heavily waterfowl hunting areas, go figure.

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 06:08 PM

BOBO, you are just braggin....

Thanks for all the help fella's. I will give them a call.
Posted By: txduckhunter

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 06:12 PM

Double check that they entered it on your license.

My son had this same problem - paid for it at Academy - was on the receipt - however, at the license table, they did not put it in the system - therefore, no stamp was ever going to come.

Simple fix, went to Academy - showed them the receipt, they entered it in and got the stamp a week later.
Posted By: Duck Buster

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 06:24 PM

Thanks for the reminder...haven't received mine yet...gonna call.
Posted By: Duck Buster

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 06:32 PM

Just called Amplex- very nice lady on the phone. Apparently they sent mine back in September, but was "lost in the mail system", so...they're gonna issue me a new one. Easier than I thought it would be to get one shipped.

I tried getting mine at the post office, but the nice {read impolite/grumpy} post office lady informed me they don't carry them, and didn't know where else I could purchase one. Since when did Federal Buildings no longer carry federal stamps? Shouldn't that be a given that they would have them?
Posted By: DougH

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 06:49 PM

Keep an eye out for in when you go through your mail. I ALMOST trashed mine this year - it looked like so much of the junk mail that I get.

~Doug
Posted By: seethemkillthem

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 07:05 PM

my was lost and I called Amplex and got my replacement in less than 5 days. As everyone has mentioned the envelope looks like junk mail so look for it carefully.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 07:30 PM

Who needs one
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/12/12 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Two things I've been impressed by the speed I get my duck stamp and new hunter ed card.

If TPWD does something right its the lost Hunter ed card process...

Who ever is in charge of that program...he or she needs a raise...and should run other programs also...hell maybe even run the entire USPS!!!

No doubt about that. Lost mine several years ago. called the office and had not 1 but 2 sent to my house in a week.
Posted By: scubaarchery

Re: Federal Stamp - 10/13/12 02:14 AM

Mine was lost in the mail. E-mail TammyW@amplex.com with your name and address and she will verify it and send you a new one. It took about 2 days to get mine after I contacted her.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum