Texas Hunting Forum

Duck hunting

Posted By: The Flying V

Duck hunting - 04/26/11 03:38 PM

Guys, what is the best way to find a duck lease? I don't have the time to scout the lakes and fight for spots anymore. I want to try to find a good lease somewhere north. I have already been on leasehunter but you gotta pay to get contact information and iv started threads in the land and leases forum and no one ever lists duck leases in there. I don't know a lot of people besides a few friends that hunt ducks, and they all just go with me to my spots iv scouted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted By: garrett

Re: Duck hunting - 04/26/11 03:59 PM

1) find better friends

2) log off the internet and go knock on doors or met old timers at the feed store or local cafes

Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Duck hunting - 04/26/11 04:10 PM

And that is about it.
You can pay the big bucks for the advertised lease operations. Hope that friends with leases will invite you to buy in. Or take the time to search out landowners with unadvertised places that look like good hunting areas and attempt to talk them into leasing to you. The latter will take some time and effort on your part.

Re: Duck hunting - 04/26/11 04:13 PM

Thanks guys

Posted By: STXHO

Re: Duck hunting - 04/26/11 11:19 PM

try craigslist.

Posted By: STXHO

Re: Duck hunting - 04/26/11 11:19 PM

http://houston.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=23&subAreaID=&query=duck+lease&catAbb=sss

Re: Duck hunting - 04/28/11 05:34 PM

thanks ATC, I live in dallas and there's nothing on craigslist really

Posted By: Featherduster

Re: Duck hunting - 04/28/11 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: The Flying V
thanks ATC, I live in dallas and there's nothing on craigslist really

Ummmmmm, for starters, make a craigslist account. And put your own ad saying that you're looking for a duck lease, be sure to leave contact info.

Posted By: SAC

Re: Duck hunting - 04/29/11 07:26 PM

Just talk to folks. I have found two places to hunt this year and working on a third with out really trying. I got burned in the "lease" game. Now just trying to put together a few places of my own. Its looking to be quite a bit cheaper too.

Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Duck hunting - 01/19/18 09:55 PM

Bet he has never shot a duck but, he wants to lease ponds and no time for public.

Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Duck hunting - 01/20/18 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: The Flying V
Guys, what is the best way to find a duck lease? I don't have the time to scout the lakes and fight for spots anymore. I want to try to find a good lease somewhere north. I have already been on leasehunter but you gotta pay to get contact information and iv started threads in the land and leases forum and no one ever lists duck leases in there. I don't know a lot of people besides a few friends that hunt ducks, and they all just go with me to my spots iv scouted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PM this guy

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7029722/all/Gauging_interests_on_flooding_
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum