Texas Hunting Forum

Deer Corn Mix

Posted By: Sick Train

Deer Corn Mix - 10/12/17 02:50 PM

I've been using Mumme's Apple Scent Deer Corn in my spin feeder for a good while and was wondering if it would benefit me any to mix it with something else to try attracting more deer from the properties next to me. Do you fellas just use straight corn or mix it with something?
Posted By: TexasKC

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/12/17 03:10 PM

Plain corn year round and a 2 acre food plot in the fall works for me.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/12/17 03:19 PM

They love corn. If that doesn’t bring them in, I doubt anything else will.
Posted By: rdmac

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/12/17 03:24 PM

We feed plain corn in our spin feeders and protein in our free choice feeders. Have had good luck with both.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/12/17 03:31 PM

Tried the flavored stuff, nope. Regular corn. One guy on lease mixed with peanut brand, sorta worked. Tried pears, apples if not regular to area deer just bypassed.
Posted By: D'hanis

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/12/17 03:59 PM

That apple scented corn is tough to beat. One thing we've tried though this year to give ourselves a leg up (we hunt a small property with a lot of hunting pressure around us) is mixing hog wild powder in with our corn. I know its called "Hog Wild" but in our experience it has always brought in far more deer than it has hogs.I can't say yet whether or not we're seeing more deer than normal but I figure it can't hurt and its easy to add

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/12/17 04:50 PM

Thanks fellas for the info. Have any of you guys tried Big Tine 30-06 Fortified Deer Blind with BT-90? Was at a local store and saw they had some bags of it.
Posted By: WatersFowler

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/12/17 05:06 PM

saw someone mix skittles with their corn once. he had heard that they liked sweet stuff. just imagine how that looked on the ground....he didn't repeat that.....
Posted By: Nwernig

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/12/17 05:52 PM

At this time of year, I have had good luck with Bait Corn's white acorn flavored corn mixed with regular corn. Sometimes I use the their peanut butter flavored corn. In the spring I use the red and green apple flavored corns.

The brand is named Bait Corn.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/12/17 06:14 PM

Regular corn is good.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/12/17 10:26 PM

We mix in a sack of milo with the corn for each feeder, not so much for the der, but the birds. This way I can sit there for hours and watch all kinds of wild life. Sometimes it gets exciting, the birds will be feeding on the milo and a hawk will be watching and suddenly all hell breaks loose as the dove and quail scatter for cover. Once I watched a bobcat take almost an hour trying to get close enough for lunch when a hawk ruined his plans.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/13/17 02:59 AM

Anything besides regular corn is just designed to attract hunters not deer

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/13/17 01:02 PM

Thanks fellas for the advice. I hunt on a small piece of property and so does neighbor next to me but for some reason they attract a lot more deer at their feeder.
Posted By: esnow74

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/25/17 10:35 PM

Rice bran, it's inexpensive and is the base to every high dollar attractant. Everywhere I've hunted, deer love rice bran but once it gets wet it's no good. They do have a stabilized pellet form but I'm too cheap to try it.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/26/17 08:09 PM

Indian corn is the best
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Deer Corn Mix - 10/26/17 08:15 PM

Try a corn/soybean mix.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum