Texas Hunting Forum

? About my food plot

Posted By: grunt0311

? About my food plot - 10/11/17 04:19 PM

My oat plot was coming in nicely , until the hogs started trampling it this past week never had a problem really with hogs since both of my feeders are penned , this morning I went to my place to sit in the blind and do a little scouting since I have alot of does on camera anyways the hogs were in the oat plot their not rooting so will they eat oats or are they looking for the seeds that are still their, and will my plot bounce back it's sucks seeing all that hard work go down the drain , if this pick loads you can see the brown spots starting to show the week before it looked like a golf course!! Oh yeah took down two swine to ease my anger

Re: ? About my food plot - 10/11/17 04:20 PM

Pic will not load
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: ? About my food plot - 10/11/17 04:40 PM

Where? my oats took a beating from the week or two of mid 90's temps & no rain in North Texas . . . . frown
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: ? About my food plot - 10/11/17 04:41 PM

when I had that problem it was because the pic size was bigger than 4mb...try cropping it until it is smaller than 4mb and then repost.

Only good way to keep hogs out is to shoot them. If the plot is small enough, you could fence it, but that would get expensive and labor intensive quickly.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: ? About my food plot - 10/11/17 04:42 PM

just go back through and broadcast some extra.... they wont get it all but yeah it sucks
Posted By: Stub

Re: ? About my food plot - 10/11/17 06:10 PM

Get a hog trap, best way to control them up

Re: ? About my food plot - 10/11/17 06:16 PM

South Texas, bee county/ rain is not the issue but your right going to have to take out some pigs I'm hoping it's a group passing through maybe they got the message this morning watching their buddy run around with his stomach hanging out!!!

Re: ? About my food plot - 10/11/17 06:24 PM

Re: ? About my food plot - 10/11/17 06:25 PM

All the light spots the oats were about 6 inches already!!
Posted By: Blake Millican

Re: ? About my food plot - 10/27/17 12:57 PM

Is there a bunch of worms??? If so you have army worms and they will kill every bit of it. Only thing u can do is spray them.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum