Texas Hunting Forum

Angelo pellets protein / cost

Posted By: WesTexHunter75

Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/12/17 02:33 AM

Anyone feeding these protein pellets? Also, how are your deer liking it? I know that it is one of the cheapest priced proteins on the market. What is the cost bag / ton?

Thanks

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/13/17 06:24 PM

Guess nobody feed this stuff? I searched it but haven't really found any recent information about it.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/13/17 07:09 PM

Never heard of it but a search yielded this...

http://www.angelopellets.com/catalogItems/index/3
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/13/17 08:09 PM

Very good feed. I feed a lot of it. I'll have to find the last invoice but it was around 345-350 ton bagged I believe.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/13/17 08:18 PM

That's a good price if it's good stuff with the right mineral pac.
Posted By: jdickey

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/13/17 09:06 PM

Used it about 12 years ago when I hunted Coke County. It seemed to be OK, but couldn't say if it was any better or any worse than the other protein supplements.

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/14/17 01:05 AM

Thanks guys! I finally found some info on it. Supposedly it tested very well especially on the "tdn" amongst other things. I called them today and they quoted me 300 / ton for the 17% and 359 for the 20 extreme rack plus. Paying 12.50 a bag now for antlermax so I think it's worth a try.
Posted By: JROD

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/16/17 02:32 AM

Call up there and ask for Kirby, he's the nutrition guy for them. Very knowledgeable.
Posted By: old raider

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/16/17 05:42 AM

Will it feed though a corn feeder?
Posted By: txbobcat

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/16/17 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: WesTexHunter75
Thanks guys! I finally found some info on it. Supposedly it tested very well especially on the "tdn" amongst other things. I called them today and they quoted me 300 / ton for the 17% and 359 for the 20 extreme rack plus. Paying 12.50 a bag now for antlermax so I think it's worth a try.

We switched from Purina to that 20 extreme also and very happy with it.
Posted By: ErnestTBass

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/19/17 05:20 PM

We bought it from Country Boys in Rocksprings for about $10/bag.

To get it for 300/ton, I suppose I'd need to pick it up in San Angelo?
Posted By: artrios60

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/19/17 05:28 PM

We used it up til last year when we found a better price for similar product. we were paying about $380/ton. we use about 8 ton/month
Posted By: newulmboy

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/19/17 05:42 PM

I feed it at my place in Northern Edwards County. I buy it from Country Boys in Rocksprings. I believe it's about 10.50-10.75 a bag. Never asked about a bulk price.

Old Raider: Yes, it will feed through a corn feeder. I mix my feed 50/50, corn and protein, in my spin feeders. No problems, but I do have eliminator spinner plates on all my feeders. I do this because I cannot afford to feed straight protein in my gravity feeder, as the axis will bankrupt me.

Edit: forgot to mention, thats for the 20% protein.

For the others that mentioned pricing for bulk, is that 17% or 20%?
Posted By: esnow74

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/19/17 05:43 PM

We use it and the deer seem to really like it but not sure on price. We all pitch in x dollars and lease manager pays for it.
Posted By: ErnestTBass

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/19/17 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: newulmboy
Old Raider: Yes, it will feed through a corn feeder. I mix my feed 50/50, corn and protein, in my spin feeders. No problems, but I do have eliminator spinner plates on all my feeders. I do this because I cannot afford to feed straight protein in my gravity feeder, as the axis will bankrupt me.

I'm having the same issue. We are near you and have lots of free range axis (and some monsters). Good problem to have (for the most part), but I'm afraid they're going to empty my gravity feeders too fast. For some reason, the axis don't tend to jump my hog panels and hit the spin feeders hard (sometimes they do, but mostly it's just whitetail), so I think it will save me money and the whitetail will get most of the benefit.

Do you think your whitetails get any visible benefit out of throwing protein from of the spin feeder? My concern is that it wouldn't be enough to help. How much do you spin per day?

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/19/17 06:36 PM

Newulmboy,

I was quoted 300/ton for the 17%. 329 for the regular 20% and 359 for the 20% that has the extra vitamin pack in it.

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/19/17 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: WesTexHunter75
Newulmboy,

I was quoted 300/ton for the 17%. 329 for the regular 20% and 359 for the 20% that has the extra vitamin pack in it.

Not bad at all.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/19/17 07:34 PM

Was that bulk or just a ton via sack?

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/19/17 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: ErnestTBass
Originally Posted By: newulmboy

I'm having the same issue. We are near you and have lots of free range axis (and some monsters). Good problem to have (for the most part), but I'm afraid they're going to empty my gravity feeders too fast. For some reason, the axis don't tend to jump my hog panels and hit the spin feeders hard (sometimes they do, but mostly it's just whitetail), so I think it will save me money and the whitetail will get most of the benefit.

Do you think your whitetails get any visible benefit out of throwing protein from of the spin feeder? My concern is that it wouldn't be enough to help. How much do you spin per day?

What I have found over the last 5 years is that, if you're feeding protein, you'll have the axis on your place more often. So I decided to mix it in my corn feeders.

We are covered in axis. My neighbor to the South has Country Boys fill his 3000# gravity protein feeder every three weeks. Once the axis find it, they'll push the whitetail off of it. It never lasts a full three weeks, and I simply cannot afford to do this.

Honestly, I'm not sure if the whitetail really benefit that much, but anything helps. I look at it this way, I'm sure its helping them some, and its the best I can afford. I own 222 acres with 8 feeders running year round. Offseason they run for minimum of 4 seconds twice a day, during season, 6-7 seconds twice a day.

I've also put out some protein tubs, which I purchased from Country Boys. $59 for a 100# tub I believe. No updates on progress yet for them.

I also have a connection here at home for alfalfa, I can get it for around $8 a square bale.

Re: Angelo pellets protein / cost - 01/19/17 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: BenBob
Was that bulk or just a ton via sack?

That's sacked. I put out a ton last Saturday to see how well the deer like it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum