Texas Hunting Forum

new property

Posted By: Coastalquacker

new property - 02/02/24 04:31 PM

I have a landowner who just gave me permission to hunt hogs and only hogs. That gives me a couple of options, but what do you say to do first?
Posted By: icanski2

Re: new property - 02/02/24 04:48 PM

How much land? is is crop land or wooded? Any creek/river beds? Find the game trails, set out some bait and and trail cams near the trails and get to killing!
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: new property - 02/02/24 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Coastalquacker
I have a landowner who just gave me permission to hunt hogs and only hogs. That gives me a couple of options, but what do you say to do first?

You should go with the 2nd one.
Posted By: Coastalquacker

Re: new property - 02/03/24 08:17 PM

it is 100+ acres, wooded and on a seasonal creek. He has family that deer hunts so that is why he will let me hunt after deer season. Will try to get in the woods soon with some corn and cameras
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: new property - 02/04/24 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Coastalquacker
it is 100+ acres, wooded and on a seasonal creek. He has family that deer hunts so that is why he will let me hunt after deer season. Will try to get in the woods soon with some corn and cameras

Hunt near the seasonal creek and existing feeders.
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: new property - 02/11/24 03:29 PM

Hogs follow creek beds.
Look for hog sign, then put trail cams out.
If the landowners already have corn feeders.
Offer ta fill them up. Helps with cost, keeping deer around.
Throw some protein mixed in.

Area i had set up, does/fawns stayed around & bucks
made thar scraps/rubs in the cover surrounding food supply.

Best wish's.
flag
Posted By: Wytex

Re: new property - 02/11/24 06:21 PM

I'd ask him about baiting and feeders first, he may not want you baiting hogs over his deer feeders due to possible damage?
Find out if he cares about that 1st I'd say and then hunt near the creek or his feeders.

Sounds like a great situation for you, hope it works out !!
Posted By: RANGERRONG

Re: new property - 02/11/24 07:44 PM

your lucky
Posted By: VAFish

Re: new property - 02/12/24 12:24 AM

If he has family hunting there already, and they have deer feeders up, you may just have to fill them up with corn and set up some game cameras to see when the hogs are coming in.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum