Texas Hunting Forum

info on Helicopter hog hunts

Posted By: bmcpeak363

info on Helicopter hog hunts - 07/17/23 07:40 PM

Anyone that has done this, can you recommend an outfitter in Texas, Oklahoma. TIA
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: info on Helicopter hog hunts - 07/17/23 11:04 PM

Most of the Helo hunts in my part of NE Texas are done in the fall
, winter and very early spring while leaves are off the trees. If you are looking for a hunt now k, may be tough to find one.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: info on Helicopter hog hunts - 07/18/23 12:42 AM

We really liked our hunt with these guys in the Bryant/College Station area: Helibacon Hog Hunts
They were very professional, and organized, and have great high-end equipment. Seemed that most of the crew was ex-military. They fly a beautiful twin-engine Bell 212 which is the civilian version of the Huey, I felt a whole lot more comfortable than I do in a Robinson.

We opted to upgrade to their full-auto option with an unlimited ammo supply I went with a 5.56, one of my buddies went 7.62 and the other one went belt-fed. There is something inherently cool about hanging out of a chopper, out in the wind with your feet on skids while ripping away with a machine gun. They get right down on deck when hogs are located on each of several farms/ranches that they have access to. The heavy rotor sound+engines typically flushed the hogs out of their cover.

Just my opinion.
Posted By: Sirrah243

Re: info on Helicopter hog hunts - 07/18/23 08:18 PM

I did a helicopter hunt this Spring with Cherokee Heli Hunts. In Cherokee TX. Hunter Fry runs that outfit. Give him a call @ (469) 289-1464
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: info on Helicopter hog hunts - 07/18/23 08:24 PM

Kyle Lange
http://langehelicopters.com/
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: info on Helicopter hog hunts - 07/21/23 11:38 AM

Richard Sidebottoms in Saginaw TX He has a great chopper & is the best pilot around
Posted By: bmcpeak363

Re: info on Helicopter hog hunts - 07/22/23 09:08 PM

Thanks to all replied with the good info!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum