Texas Hunting Forum

Just keep trying.....

Posted By: Old Stony

Just keep trying..... - 09/27/19 09:14 PM

The hogs have been pretty slow around here lately, but I still manage to get a few now and then. I had a total of five in this trap this morning, but one was just a little bitty guy and I had to let him go...Luckily I found a person that wanted some more pork to deal with, so he took a couple of the larger sows.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Just keep trying..... - 09/27/19 09:34 PM

why did the one get let go?

Re: Just keep trying..... - 09/27/19 10:09 PM

There was one little guy that wasn't even weaning size yet. I will shoot them after they loose their stripes and get weaned, but those tiny babies I just let go.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Just keep trying..... - 10/02/19 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Old Stony
There was one little guy that wasn't even weaning size yet. I will shoot them after they loose their stripes and get weaned, but those tiny babies I just let go.

Man, those are the ones that just taste amazing, split in half and put on the grill!
Posted By: HoldPoint

Re: Just keep trying..... - 10/02/19 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by crapicat
Originally Posted by Old Stony

Man, those are the ones that just taste amazing, split in half and put on the grill!

I only shoot the little ones roflmao
Posted By: TKandMike

Re: Just keep trying..... - 10/04/19 03:38 PM

whatever you did to those pigs they sure didn't seem to like it.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Just keep trying..... - 10/07/19 01:46 PM

should be a law of letting one go, like the fish & wild life about carp, catch one..kill it
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Just keep trying..... - 10/07/19 06:24 PM

Kill em all and squash the eggs is my motto.

Re: Just keep trying..... - 10/07/19 07:16 PM

To each his own...I will probably end up shooting those small hogs sometime along the way, but not as little babies.
Posted By: TrackQuack

Re: Just keep trying..... - 10/11/19 05:22 AM

You have any better pictures of your trap setup?

Re: Just keep trying..... - 10/11/19 10:47 AM

I'll try to take a couple this morning if I can remember when I'm out checking them. I have one round trap and half a dozen smaller regular traps out.

Re: Just keep trying..... - 10/12/19 06:59 PM

Here is a shot of one of my traps. This one I just built using cattle panels and tee posts. My others are more rectangular and portable, so I can work different areas when needed.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: pop r

Re: Just keep trying..... - 10/14/19 12:58 AM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum